Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to installing the ADD W1 kit. Was surprised how oily the pcv to intake tube was with under 5000km. Anyway here is the end result. excuse the dirty motor, its winter. Very high quality product, the one they sent me was for the Crosstrek but after receiving I noticed the hose and can fittings were the wrong size. After contacting support, they asked what size, 5/8 and how much hose I needed, it was quickly shipped my way, no charge. I used the blank block hole to secure the mount. The block hole takes a M14x1,5x30mm hex head bolt and enlarged the bracket hole with a dremel. Less than 30 minutes to install.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I have about 500kms on this can and plan on Saturday pulling the bottom off to check but decided to do a quick check of the dipstick today after work and was surprised how oily the dipstick itself was, it will be interesting just how wet it is inside the can.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I have approx. 540kms on this ADD W1 catch can and to say the least I would have never believed this much oil would normally travels back thru the intake system. Here are my results, only pics. I thought I had my video recording while pouring out but didnt. :(

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
13,600 Posts
I was going to add one on either or both my XT and/or XV. I decided not to due to warranty and lack of proof that they help. Not faulting you.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was going to add one on either or both my XT and/or XV. I decided not to due to warranty and lack of proof that they help. Not faulting you.
Well its pretty obvious they remove alot of oil that normally would go directly into the intake.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts