Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a '19 Forester Sport. Like the subject said, I'd like to pickup a set of new wheels (assuming smaller) and get beefy All Terrain Tires that are winter rated for the weekend adventure rides.

Catch is, I'd rather not lift the car or have to adjust the brakes, and would like to be able to put on my stock wheels and tires back on for those regular road driving days.

Any suggestions and pics???

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
8 Posts
New to the forums! And just got these on the car today! 2019 STI forester rims with KO2s 225/65/17.

Stock height no lift, but may consider one down the road...

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Do they make a tire that is similar and can fit my stock 18 inch rims...tires now are 225/55 maybe something like a 225/60 , I’m thinking 225/65 would rub if on 18 inch rims

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
8 Posts
Unfortunately no.... I would of done the 18" STI version but KO2 dont come in a size that would fit without rubing I believe other people on forums said you need at least 2" lift. Which I didnt want.

·
Registered
MY05 Forester 2.5 XT 5MT
3,067 Posts
How big are the brake discs on the 2019s?

A few years back, Team Dynamics did a 15" wheel that the SG XT Foresters could fit. They had 295mm front discs to compare. From memory they used to clear WRX 4 pot brake calipers too.
The wheels were originally used for the Impreza rally cars - They weren't pretty but allowed huge tyre fitment.

Edit: I think these were the ones: https://www.rimstock.com/content/pro-rally

·
HCFFHC
2017 Forester 2.0XT
253 Posts
New to the forums! And just got these on the car today! 2019 STI forester rims with KO2s 225/65/17.

Holy, that looks badass. Those tires are aggressive as hell....love it

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Cleeeeaaaaannnnnnn! I love it! And are you able to just swap the old wheels in? no brake adjustments necessary?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
8 Posts
Where you get Forester STI wheels?
I ordered them directly from dealership, it’s also on the Subaru Canada accessories website. Also comes in silver, gun metal and black of course.

The STI caps are separate part from rims

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
8 Posts
Cleeeeaaaaannnnnnn! I love it! And are you able to just swap the old wheels in? no brake adjustments necessary?
Thanks! It’s going in for full paint correction and opti coat pro tomorrow so can’t wait to see the end results! 😃

These STI rims are designed specifically for 2019 foresters so exact fit no adjustments needed.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That looks really nice too! Very low key styling. Are brake adjustments needed? or can you just swap the 17's with the stock 18s?

·
Registered
18 Posts
On my MY 2014, 2.5i 6 speed I first had 225/60/17 geolandar ATS, then 225/65/17. Then finally, in between two other sets (iceguard ig51v and geolander go55) I decided for another AT before selling.

I went with continental terraincontact. 225/60/17. Best tire I ever fitted to a Subaru, hands down. They are not quite as aggressive at Geolandar ATS, but they are quieter, last MUCH longer and are better in winter. I think the ATS are a bit outdated. I would strongly recommend the Continental. The dry pavement handling characteristics are similar to an All season. Very tough sidewalks though.

With the lack of power and torque from Foresters, I would advise against fitting anything bigger than our OEM size. I think even going from a 60 series to a 65, taxed the little 2.5 quite a bit, both with fuel mileage and HWY pickup/ mountain ascending.

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Premium
4 Posts
I just ordered the Conti Terrain Contact as well, based on many good reviews, for my ‘15 XT. I have a set of 17’ BRZ wheels they will go on.

·
Registered
2019 Forester CVT
77 Posts
Same thing. 2019 Forester Premium. Had dealer swap fitted 18 inch wheels for 17 inch wheels and after 10000km swapped 225/60r17 Bridgestone Dueler SP for 225/65r17 Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus onto the stock alloy wheels. Can't see the advantage of changing the wheels. The car looks better with the taller tyre and the tyres perform well - dry or wet, highway or back trail. Very happy.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 41 Posts