Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

161 - 180 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I do not have the 8" Nav - I have something like 6" or so - so I cannot download software as mentioned in other messages. I saw a note to hold the volume button for 10 seconds and that worked for a day or two. I emailed to Subaru Customer Services ([email protected]) about this and got a rapid reply.
"We are aware of some operational concerns. There is currently no software update available, but our engineers are working on one for the 2019 models. As soon as the update is available we will let you know."
I hope that is very soon. And I hope this helps some other people.

·
Registered
2019 Forester
1 Posts
2019 forester radio prestets

I have a 2019 Forester premium, I have had it for about 1 month and it has been having the same issue. Whatever FM radio stations I save as presets are cleared after my car is turned on/off again. Very frustrating.

·
Registered
2019 Forester
55 Posts
I do not have the 8" Nav - I have something like 6" or so - so I cannot download software as mentioned in other messages. I saw a note to hold the volume button for 10 seconds and that worked for a day or two. I emailed to Subaru Customer Services ([email protected]) about this and got a rapid reply. I hope that is very soon. And I hope this helps some other people.
Thanks for providing the e-mail address. I sent them a note as well, but haven't heard anything back yet. I'll update if they respond with any new information.

·
Registered
2015 forester cvt
63 Posts
2019 touring 1 week old, center screen went blank, my wife tried opening closing door starting and stopping etc nothing worked then after an hour she got in car and it worked. no repeat issue last 3 days.

called dealer "haven't heard of any problem " try turning off and back on
this forum suggested holding on button down for 10 secs to "reset" the system

ok haven't had to "reset"
if i do does all my settings, iPhone stuff etc go away???

what works??? where do i find the software version so i can check against you all and what's the one that works
thanks

·
Registered
2015 forester cvt
63 Posts
My 2019 non-NAV was updated to U1.18.38.50 today and so far so good. Though I’m still having the issue of if I’m listening to a radio station on page 2 or 3 of the presets and turn off the car then the next time I start the car, the station stays the same but it shows page 1 of the presets!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
where do you find the version you listed?

·
Registered
2019 Forester
55 Posts
where do you find the version you listed?
In the Starlink main touch screen (as opposed to the dashboard screen combinational meter or the multiple function display) go to Settings -> General (first tab along the bottom) -> System Information (scroll down).

This is on page 64 of the Starlink manual.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport Auto
86 Posts
My 2019 non-NAV was updated to U1.18.38.50 today and so far so good. Though I’m still having the issue of if I’m listening to a radio station on page 2 or 3 of the presets and turn off the car then the next time I start the car, the station stays the same but it shows page 1 of the presets!

Noticed today that it’s remembering my radio presets but it’s now not remembering my home screen layout/shortcuts. I rearrange/add and the next time I start the car it’s all gone!

·
Registered
2019 Forester
55 Posts
I heard back from SOA customer service today and they said:
I am sorry to hear of the concern you are experiencing with the audio unit. We are aware of some operational concerns. There is currently no software update available, but our engineers are working on one for the 2019 models. As soon as the update is available we will let you know.
I know some people have managed to get updates installed, but maybe they've pulled that update or it isn't widely available at the moment?

·
Registered
2019 Forester
109 Posts
What is the latest firmware version on the headunits. I picked up my Forester today and asked if it was updated with lateeet version and my sales guy said yes but how do I know.REL4 .18.11.50 is what mine says at this tome for software version

·
Premium Member
2019 Forester Touring Automatic
222 Posts
What is the latest firmware version on the headunits. I picked up my Forester today and asked if it was updated with lateeet version and my sales guy said yes but how do I know.REL4 .18.11.50 is what mine says at this tome for software version
I downloaded the update and installed it via USB about two weeks ago. My displayed version is Rel_U1.18.38.50.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport Auto
86 Posts
2019 Forester 8" Non-Nav Forgets presets? (merged thread) - Updated!

Mine (non-navigation) came with 18.11.50 and they updated it to 18.38.50. Both remembered my presets but 18.38.50 seems more sluggish. Wish I hadn’t had them update it.

·
Registered
2019 Forester
109 Posts
So I can download the firmware to a usb stick and update it my self. Called my dealer he said there were t any updates and mine had the latest. I thought only if had navigation system on car you could update only

·
Registered
2019 Forester
55 Posts
So I can download the firmware to a usb stick and update it my self. Called my dealer he said there were t any updates and mine had the latest. I thought only if had navigation system on car you could update only
As I understand it, only the navigation system allows the owner to download an update over USB. The non-nav system could in theory do it over WiFi, but Subaru has yet to enable that. That leaves dealer updates as the only option, and SOA told me last week there isn’t updated software available yet (but obviously some people have managed to get updates). I’m not sure if that means the person at SOA was uninformed or something else.

·
Registered
2015 forester cvt
63 Posts
my screen went blank a few days ago then after a day came back on 10 days old
i was told if it happens again to long press the left button and "reset" the unit
well does this erase all presets and settings?
has anyone done this?

·
Premium Member
2019 Forester Touring Automatic
222 Posts
When you download the update to a USB drive and then plug it in to install it, it updates eight or nine different functions. It announces each as it installs, e.g. "Installing 4 of 9" (going from memory here--that's not exactly what it says). This is the second time I have updated from USB since getting the car in November. The first time, the last function to be updated was the maps, and it took WAY longer than anything else. I thought the install had hung up, but it finally cleared after maybe 30 minutes. This last time, when it got to the last (nav) segment, it appeared to skip over it, taking no time at all. I suspect there was either a minimal map update, or none at all, and the rest of the update was for other software.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had four Subarus since 2002. My NEW 2019 Forester also has this radio reset problem. Service department at Capitol (Salem,OR) has not heard of it (until today). I have seen reports on other search sites too.

·
Registered
2019 ForesterTouring 2.5
91 Posts
New ( yesterday ) 2019 Touring with software version Rel_U1.18.58.50 and it has this problem. Have only tried the Sirius/XM radio.

·
Registered
2019 Touring CVT
221 Posts
New ( yesterday ) 2019 Touring with software version Rel_U1.18.58.50 and it has this problem. Have only tried the Sirius/XM radio.
Subaru-maps.com still lists Rel_U1.18.38.50 as the latest version. It solved my presets dropping out.

·
Registered
2019 ForesterTouring 2.5
91 Posts
Well, as the King in “ The King and I “ said:

“ Is a puzzlement “

Did send a note to the dealer and a second to SOA. This issue has been open for six months now, and it reflects poorly on both Subaru software engineering and their production Quality Assurance operation.

161 - 180 of 220 Posts