Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

221 - 230 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
2 months ago I bought a 2019 forester sport..... no matter how many times Ive set the presets...... my FM presets reset. My sxm presets all stay. I created a user profile and the presets stayed for 3 while days before they reset again...... I haven't set them since. Im frustrated. I called the Subaru service dept and they said they had no knowledge of this. They also looked at TSB's and recalls, but nothing.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
902 Posts
Check your S/W version and make sure you have the latest update..

This is has been extensively discussed in the earlier pages of this thread...

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport Auto
138 Posts
2 months ago I bought a 2019 forester sport..... no matter how many times Ive set the presets...... my FM presets reset. My sxm presets all stay. I created a user profile and the presets stayed for 3 while days before they reset again...... I haven't set them since. Im frustrated. I called the Subaru service dept and they said they had no knowledge of this. They also looked at TSB's and recalls, but nothing.
Did they not update you to 19.22.70? That fixes the preset issue on the 2019 Sport w HK upgrade.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport Auto
138 Posts
They said that I had the latest upgrade when I gave them my vin
On the home screen tap on settings, the select the general tab at the bottom and scroll down to System Information and tap that, then it'll show your current version.

If you have a 2019 Sport with the Harmon Kardon stereo (no built in navigation) then the most recent version is 19.22.70

Like others have mentioned, there's a newer version that will be out soon to fix more issues.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited CVT
42 Posts
Connect your head unit to Wifi and select "Automatically Check For Updates". I was able to download and install an update that way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same issue!!! I tried saving my presets about 3 times now and theyre gone too after turning the engine off/on. I only listen to 1 station on the radio since i have a Spotify subscription so i gave up but it is quite annoying. It's definitely a software issue and i'll try to bring it up to SOA. I wonder if we're the only 2 who has this issue? Can anyone who has a Forester Sport chime in and try it out? I'm guessing its only the Sports trim or maybe others as well?
No, you are not the only ones... Same thing happening to me. Bought new 2019 off the lot and all of my presets disappear. I dont think it is only when i turn the car off though because i have re re re re set them and before i get to my destination, they are sometimes gon again. Of course the dealer "never heard of this before"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just wondering...this may have nothing to do with it but i didnt begin losing my presets until after I disabled the seatbelt chime. It was fine befor that. Has anyone else done this trick then noticed the radio stations gone? Again, no idea if they are related in any way other than coincidence.

PS.. yes i wear my seatbelt, its just very annoying when im on my farm and need to drive to the mailbox, or out to the barn or any of the hundreds of things that dont need a seatbelt

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue!!! I tried saving my presets about 3 times now and theyre gone too after turning the engine off/on. I only listen to 1 station on the radio since i have a Spotify subscription so i gave up but it is quite annoying. It's definitely a software issue and i'll try to bring it up to SOA. I wonder if we're the only 2 who has this issue? Can anyone who has a Forester Sport chime in and try it out? I'm guessing its only the Sports trim or maybe others as well?
I have a Subaru WRX 2019 it is doing the same thing I press and hold to save the station turn the car off turn it back on its gown XM Saves works though

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
42 Posts
Update the firmware to latest version. I updated mine I haven't had any lost radio stations for almost 1.5 years. (and since then, there were at least 3 more updates, so this was an early fix long time ago. Please update your firmware on your unit)
Current one I am running on is Rel_UA.20.41.70. I think the fix was back when it was Rel_UA.19.42.70.. or something like that

221 - 230 of 230 Posts