Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

201 - 220 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited CVT
35 Posts
I think the current software is one described in this TSB from November. I think there was a more recent software update that they later pulled. When I emailed SOA about a month ago, they told me they were still working on updated software. AFAIK, they haven't actually released anything new though.
For any new folks to the forum looking to get this issue addressed, my dealer was also reluctant at first to install the upgrade. I had to come back with the TSB ryanb has linked above. If you have a non-navigation headunit the dealer is pretty much the only way to update the firmware. I would advise that you print out the TSB, walk into your dealership and tell them you emailed Subaru of America and they sent you this TSB and said to take it to your dealer and have them install it. At that point they pretty much don't have an option other than to perform the TSB. After doing that my headunit has worked flawlessly for almost 4 months now.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport Auto
86 Posts
Mine had no issues until I had it updated to the newest firmware (1.18.38.50). Now I've experienced the black screen w no audio, sluggish UI, the home screen keeps loosing my shortcuts and layout, and it occasionally says it can't update the head unit when I did nothing.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
11 Posts
I have a 6 month old 2019 Forester Sport with the 6.5" non-nav multimedia system and every time I start the car, all FM presets show "HOLD" but SiriusXM presets are maintained. This started about 3 weeks ago. I contacted SOA and they told me this week:

Thank you for contacting Subaru of America, Inc. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

I am sorry to hear of your experience with the radio stations. At this time, we are aware of this concern you are experiencing. Our teams are working diligently to complete a firmware update for your head unit to resolve this concern. Please stay in contact with your Subaru retailer for when this update is released to have this completed.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport Rubber band
446 Posts
@securityguy Dealer or website? I'm still 1.18.38.50 with no issues so I quit looking. My ongoing complaint is clunky USB search. Doubt software will ever update that.

·
Registered
2019 Forester CVT
70 Posts
Yeah I'm on the same situation with my 6.5" system. The radio presets are kept after an update at my dealer. I just started using a USB drive, and wish I could reorder the search categories. I organize and play by folders and that option is way at the bottom.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
2,310 Posts
@securityguy Dealer or website? I'm still 1.18.38.50 with no issues so I quit looking. My ongoing complaint is clunky USB search. Doubt software will ever update that.
It was updated by the dealer. I was just there for my last free oil change and tire rotate and had them check for new updates...nothing new since I got mine last updated.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
2 Posts
Kathie,
I've done the same thing several times. They do hold longer (a month or so) but eventually it does the same thing. It's quite annoying.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Forest Sport
17 Posts
Been reading some posts about radio weirdness, here's my experience. I drive a 2019 Silver Sport with blind spot and rear traffic alert/8 inch multimedia (non navigation) screen/power liftgate.
First two months with the silver sport, perfect......really pleased with the car in everyway.

Then on Mondays drive home from work I noticed the first preset station I saved was missing. 1010 wins AM radio. I think "that's weird" ALL the other presets were still present - ALL XM stations. So I added 1010 wins back to first preset. after that when I toggle through stations I could not toggle through 1010 wins. Had to manually tap 1010 wins to listen to station. From 1010 wins I could not toggle to next station. OK really weird. Tuesday morning, problem is gone. Toggles working fine.

5PM today getting ready to leave work, volume working on AM station, but no volume on any Sirius XM stations. I don't have any FM stations preset but clicked FM and heard music - so I have sound from AM/FM, I could stream and hear Pandora from iPhone, play a CD and hear music but nothing from any XM Stations. I could toggle through all stations and see screen art but no sound. Really weird right? What's going to happen tomorrow?

Love the ride, and so far everything "corrects" it self but these hiccups feel like tremors before the big one. Anyone else have similar experience?

Thanks in advance
2019 Silver Sport with 2700 miles

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport Auto
86 Posts
Because Subaru packages the update with the map update...that's all. Those that have no NAV must get it from the dealer since there is no map to download.

I understand that, but it’s laziness on their part. They could just as easily have a version without the map data for the non-nav vehicles. At the very least they should offer to send emails out when a new update is available so we could schedule to come in for the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Sport CVT
5 Posts
This is happening on my 2019 Forester Sport I picked up in Dec 2018 with 13K miles. Has anyone found the culprit? Headed to the dealer tomorrow for service with this issue plus 2 more. Will look for the correct thread on the other issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Maddening! 2019 Forester (first-time Subaru owner), bought in December, 2018. Had the problems with all of the presets going to Hold, took the vehicle to the dealership, and no change until Sirius subscription ended (about April, 2019), at which point I figured it was a software update and fixed for good. Now it started happening again this week! Anyone aware of any software updates this week?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just curious, what's the latest release of the firmware on the '19 Forester? Yesterday, our '19 Crosstrek was updated to: 19.22.70

The first two numbers are the year and the second two the week, so that's the end of May, a much newer release than I've seen reported anywhere else.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
279 Posts
That sounds like what our recently delivered Sport came with.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks!

The '19 Crosstreks have every so slightly different head units than the '18s (and the '17 and '18 Imprezas), Harman Gen 3.1 versus 3.0, respectively, so the firmware version is different and released at different times. The '19 Forester probably has the same HU as the other '19s.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got my 19 Forester updated today. Came back with 19.22.70. It is the 6.5 inch non-nav. Only had it for a few hours, but it seems quite a bit snappier, and Android Auto seems to connect quite a bit faster on startup. Very happy so far, hopefully it will be less glitchy than 18.11.50.

·
Registered
2019 Forester
55 Posts
My dealer updated my head unit today to hopefully address the preset disappearing issue. However, as I was leaving the service manager told me that they are expecting a new software update in the next couple of weeks to address issues relating to phone connections and CarPlay and AndroidAuto in particular.

201 - 220 of 220 Posts