Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

181 - 200 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Limited CVT
9 Posts
I too had Rel_U1.18.38.50 installed by the dealer to cure the disappearing station memories. While the update has resolved the issue for the most part, the buttons still tend lose their minds about once a month. But at least I can now resolve the issue by rebooting the HU. Frankly, this is quite annoying on top of other HU issues that include the following:

1. Radio goes silent every time I put the car into reverse
2. AM stations play very, very low in volume compared to FM and XM. So I cannot simply press buttons to change bands. I must also adjust the volume when moving from AM to FM (and back).
3. I occasionally lose the ability to change the radio volume after plugging my phone into the USB cable. Volume gets "stuck" in one spot and ignores all changes from steering wheel or HU knob. I must unplug and plug the phone in again to resume control.
4. Radio always defaults to the first set of buttons after turning off the car, regardless of which station it had be tuned to before turning off the car.

This is half-baked software that should have been Beta tested before release. I am very disappointed with the radio in a car that otherwise seems to be so well designed and manufactured.

·
Registered
2019 Touring CVT
221 Posts
You get the software to download to a usb drive at Subaru-maps.com, or have your dealer install it.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
1 Posts
Try this if it works for you because i think it worked for me. Hold your power/volume button down for 10 seconds to reset, then save your presets again. HD radio should also appear and it should save now after turning on/off the car.
So glad I discovered this Forum. Not only did resetting the radio (by holding down power button for 10 seconds) solve the Preset issue, it also fixed the Set Time function which hadn't been working.

(Originally I only had the Time option even though a video I saw showed a Time/Date option as well as Birthdays, Anniversary, etc. -- options that weren't on my car. After the reset, everything was updated, and the buttons worked like they were supposed to and allowed me to move from field to field and set the time and date (before the buttons wouldn't allow me to move to new fields). Thanks again forum!)

·
Registered
2015 forester cvt
63 Posts
So glad I discovered this Forum. Not only did resetting the radio (by holding down power button for 10 seconds) solve the Preset issue, it also fixed the Set Time function which hadn't been working.

(Originally I only had the Time option even though a video I saw showed a Time/Date option as well as Birthdays, Anniversary, etc. -- options that weren't on my car. After the reset, everything was updated, and the buttons worked like they were supposed to and allowed me to move from field to field and set the time and date (before the buttons wouldn't allow me to move to new fields). Thanks again forum!)
does it erase all the settings of the headhunt and if so which?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport Auto
86 Posts
Before the dealer upgraded me to U1.18.38.50, I took pictures of the settings, presets, and home page layouts just incase. None of mine changed but I figured I’d better be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2019 Forester Sport. I very much want to update the software to see if any of these bugs could be resolved. It does not have built in GPS. I tried to use Map Downloader to see if I could pull the update that way, but it says Invalid VIN. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2019 Forester CVT
70 Posts
I have a 2019 Forester Sport. I very much want to update the software to see if any of these bugs could be resolved. It does not have built in GPS. I tried to use Map Downloader to see if I could pull the update that way, but it says Invalid VIN. Any ideas?
Dealer can update it pretty quickly. It took less than 1/2 hour for me.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Forester CVT
70 Posts
Do you know how long the update has been out? Because I went there two weeks ago for this reason and they said that there was no update available. They even double checked....
I was there more than a month ago. Did you check the current version on your Forester?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Forester
55 Posts
Do you know how long the update has been out? Because I went there two weeks ago for this reason and they said that there was no update available. They even double checked....
I think the current software is one described in this TSB from November. I think there was a more recent software update that they later pulled. When I emailed SOA about a month ago, they told me they were still working on updated software. AFAIK, they haven't actually released anything new though.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I had the same issue, waited a few months and now my VIN works. I think it takes them a while to seed your vin into the database.

·
Registered
2019 Forester
55 Posts
I had the same issue, waited a few months and now my VIN works. I think it takes them a while to seed your vin into the database.
I thought you can only use the web-based map updater if you have the head unit with built-in navigation? The previous poster had said his VIN didn't work and that he didn't have built-in GPS, so I would have assumed that meant his VIN would never work on the Subaru-maps.com site?

·
Registered
2019 Forester
55 Posts
Just an update that SOA told me that they aren't expecting a software update to be available to address the radio preset forgetting issue until July or August... I'm guessing that means it won't really be ready until October?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Starlink Problems

My 2019 Forester Sport is the 7th Subaru (and 4th Forester) we have owned since 2000 and may be the last if my radio issues are not resolved to my satisfaction.
As mentioned by many forum members, the channel presets disappear. For me; the first two channels on the first 'page' and all 5 of the third 'page' stay programmed. The last 4 on the first page and all of those on the second page clear out for some inconsistent reason.
I have owned the car since March, and last night the display went blank. No radio, apps, ability to change settings, and no backup camera. Nothing! I checked all radio fuses and all were intact.
It decided to work again as I went to work this morning, but the time on the upper display was three hours ahead.I tried to adjust it using "Vehicle Settings" on the display, but it would not let me do it manually and using the automatic sync with my iPhone didn't work either. I did a factory reset on the system and tried to sync the iPhone by Bluetooth didn't work. After several attempts, I finally got it to send the code to my phone.
I checked the regional time setting on my cellphone app and it was correct. I changed it to CST, saved it, changed it back to EST, and saved it. I waited about 10 minutes and the upper display was correct. I don't know if what I did had anything to do with correcting the problem.
Is there a lawsuit against Subaru concerning this? What course of action can owners take to get satisfaction on these issues?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
315 Posts
Have you met with the dealership Subaru technology advisor?

The dealership I purchased from has a factory tech guy there full time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found this thread thru Google search. I have this problem on a 2019 Outback

I found this thread thru Google search. I have this problem on a 2019 Outback.

·
Registered
2019 Forester
46 Posts
My 2019 Forester Sport is the 7th Subaru (and 4th Forester) we have owned since 2000 and may be the last if my radio issues are not resolved to my satisfaction.
As mentioned by many forum members, the channel presets disappear. For me; the first two channels on the first 'page' and all 5 of the third 'page' stay programmed. The last 4 on the first page and all of those on the second page clear out for some inconsistent reason.
I have owned the car since March, and last night the display went blank. No radio, apps, ability to change settings, and no backup camera. Nothing! I checked all radio fuses and all were intact.
It decided to work again as I went to work this morning, but the time on the upper display was three hours ahead.I tried to adjust it using "Vehicle Settings" on the display, but it would not let me do it manually and using the automatic sync with my iPhone didn't work either. I did a factory reset on the system and tried to sync the iPhone by Bluetooth didn't work. After several attempts, I finally got it to send the code to my phone.
I checked the regional time setting on my cellphone app and it was correct. I changed it to CST, saved it, changed it back to EST, and saved it. I waited about 10 minutes and the upper display was correct. I don't know if what I did had anything to do with correcting the problem.
Is there a lawsuit against Subaru concerning this? What course of action can owners take to get satisfaction on these issues?
We've had our Forester Sport with non-navi screen since November 2018. Have had no issues so far with presets resetting. Not sure what to tell people, only that are stations settings have not been lost or changed.

181 - 200 of 220 Posts