Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife purchased a new 2019 Sport two weeks ago - loves the car, however in the last few days it will forget any presets that we set with a FM radio station (not the XM ones). They are just blank.

Set them again, works fine until you power the radio off.

This is our first Subaru - after researching this a little bit, it sounds like they have had issues with this on previous model years, with no resolve. Is this what to expect with a Subaru?

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Touring
27 Posts
You may have already checked this, but is it possible that you might be looking at the 2nd or 3rd page of presets when you observe them missing? Of course if you are seeing preset one with an XM setting and preset 2 is blank when it wasn’t blank yesterday, it sounds like an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You may have already checked this, but is it possible that you might be looking at the 2nd or 3rd page of presets when you observe them missing? Of course if you are seeing preset one with an XM setting and preset 2 is blank when it wasn’t blank yesterday, it sounds like an issue.

Nope - looking at the first page. She only has set to FM stations (preset #1 &2) and one XM (#7). She sets the FM presets, drives the car, shuts it off and they are gone. However the XM preset is still in #7.

It does it on multiple driver profiles (hers and mine). All the FM presets are gone, but the XM ones remain.

I drive a 2018 Impreza hatch for a company car and am familiar with the interface, the radio is forgetting the presets.

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Touring
27 Posts
It does it on multiple driver profiles (hers and mine). All the FM presets are gone, but the XM ones remain.

I wondered about the driver profiles. I am getting used to the facial recognition in the Touring model and have not dug into it enough to understand if it conflicts with the driver profiles or if the facial recognition is just an alternate trigger just like the key fobs can be set.

I will try setting some FM presets as well and see if I can duplicate your issue on mine.

·
Registered
2018 SJ Forester 2.5i Ltd CVT
1,374 Posts
Not sure if the 19 is the same as my 18, but try this. From "Source" select "FM", go back to "Source" and then select "FM" again. See if the FM pre-sets appear when FM is selected the second time.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
161 Posts
I have the same issue!!! I tried saving my presets about 3 times now and theyre gone too after turning the engine off/on. I only listen to 1 station on the radio since i have a Spotify subscription so i gave up but it is quite annoying. It's definitely a software issue and i'll try to bring it up to SOA. I wonder if we're the only 2 who has this issue? Can anyone who has a Forester Sport chime in and try it out? I'm guessing its only the Sports trim or maybe others as well?

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Touring
27 Posts
I will try setting some FM presets as well and see if I can duplicate your issue on mine.

I was not able to reproduce it, but I don’t have the exact same car/configuration. I feel for you though. Sorry I couldn’t help.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
161 Posts
I was not able to reproduce it, but I don’t have the exact same car/configuration. I feel for you though. Sorry I couldn’t help.

Thanks, since you have the Touring, the Sports trim seems to be the common here. If anyone who has a Sports that can test it, that would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Spoke to my dealer today - they are aware of the issue but Subaru has no plan on a fix yet - they have us on a list for updates when one may be available

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Touring
27 Posts
they are aware of the issue but Subaru has no plan on a fix yet

I hope the operative word here is “YET”! I believe the have a major issue currently happening with the XM channel lists on the prior few years.

·
Registered
2019 Limited
10 Posts
2019 Radio "forgets" saved stations

Greetings,

First time Subaru owner-I have been driving my new Limited with the base radio for 2 weeks. Does anyone have any ideas on why all of my saved stations would be cleared? This amnesia has happened 3 times now, I have not noticed a consistent action that causes this. I use Carplay, occasionally play music off my phone, but for the most part like to jump from station to station using the toggle on the steering wheel.

Thanks

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
161 Posts
I supposed i can post the issue here, but with the 2019 Forester Sport trim, the FM presets disappear every time the engine is turned off and on. The XM preset stays but not the FM. Just wondering if any of the Sports trim owners have the same issue. I have the 8 inch infotainment upgrade btw.

*Update*

So i saw the way you can reset the infotainment by holding the power/volume button for 10 seconds here (thanks for that!), so i tried that and saved my FM presets again. It looks to be holding after turning the power on/off. Ill check again later if it still holds.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
161 Posts
Spoke to my dealer today - they are aware of the issue but Subaru has no plan on a fix yet - they have us on a list for updates when one may be available
Try this if it works for you because i think it worked for me. Hold your power/volume button down for 10 seconds to reset, then save your presets again. HD radio should also appear and it should save now after turning on/off the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the 2019 non-sport model of the Forestet and am having the same issue with the FM presets disappearing! Will give the “hold the power/volume button” a shot and see if it solves the problem. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2018 Forester Auto
13 Posts
Interesting my 18 touring resets usb stick back to start of files and sometimes to the source screen. They just installed update today. 32 gb back to track one very annoying on trip. Sorry realize it’s not th Same problem just throwing that out there Subaru has no clue. Or that’s what they say only 10,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
2012 Forester X Auto
1,128 Posts
No insight on the '19, but all Subaru radios (every one of the other 6 I've had) and most radios period will lose the saved station data when they lose power.
I'm thinking something (glitch) is causing a temporary power loss causing the amnesia, but it could also be a radio "feature"...
It could be a major bear to find though, because it's working fine until it doesn't.

Murphy's Law states that an intermittent problem will never occur when the vehicle is being examined by the dealer.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
161 Posts
Happened to me too but found a solution. Reset your radio, hold the power/volume button for 10 seconds, then power it back on, that should fix it.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Update from my dealer - they sent us a form that had a series of questions (what kind of phones do you use, what have you plugged into the USB port, software version, etc.....) so hopefully this is leading to some real resolution, not just looking for reasons why it isn't their fault.

1 - 20 of 220 Posts