Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

Just wondering if its possible to upgrade the headunit from the 6.5" to 8" with it just being a plug and play. I dont have the HK speaker system, just the premium trim speaker option.

·
Registered
2011 Subaru Forester
236 Posts
And to think I just installed this
for a grand total of $129 Cdn. I am really impressed by the quality of the unit, its speed, screen clarity, and the Nav accuracy. Its an improvement in terms of sound. My 2011 had the Pioneer $1800 upgrade, and this thing is way better in every single respect. The only issue is getting my steering wheel controls fully functional as the Pioneer system required a control interface that was wired into the Subaru loom. Because of this, I have to transpose a couple of wires, but for most Subies, it will be straight plug and play.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Premium Lineartronic® CVT
177 Posts
I was interested in this as well. Spoke with dealer’s parts department. Was told non-nav 6” to non-nav 8” should be a direct swap. I’m not going to do the swap. The cost is significant. Local dealer part cost is just shy of $1900. After 6 months of the 6”, it works fine. It has been much better to use since the latest CarPlay update.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts