Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a rental car with the 360 view camera and thought it was pretty cool. Just came across this video with it installed on a 2019 Forester, but I assume it's an expensive/custom job:

Has anyone come across a DIY/aftermarket solution for 360 view cameras?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
191 Posts
It definitely looks cool for sure. I'm not sure if it'd be worth it though. The software alone makes me already skeptical. I don't see how custom software would be compatible with the new Foresters what with some vehicle settings being only accessible through that screen. Not only would you need the software, but also the hardware too. Then there's the issue of getting the software to work with the hardware and getting all that to work with the vehicle and not throw up random bugs/errors.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Am from a different region and when I got my 2019 Forester the 360 camera was bundled together into the purchase price (initial units did not come with the 360 system). The single camera that is on the left side of the wing mirror was replaced with a 360 system. So now all sides have one. According to what I gather from the sales guy, there was no software upgrade just hardware.

·
Registered
2011 Subaru Forester
741 Posts
Well you would need to install the different cameras and wire it up, but something like this system would probably do what you are looking for

or I notice that there is a specific system sold for 4th gen Foresters

1 - 4 of 4 Posts