Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I chose these because the reviews were pretty good for my lifestyle... Mostly road and some light off roading. Not too noisy, not too heavy, comfy ride but still much better than a street tire off road. I guess I'll see about that last part later. Anyways just wanted to post some pics and just say this tire fits with no issues on stock suspension. No rubbing at full lock turn. These are quite a bit wider than a typical 235 but that's a good thing IMO. K02s seem to be the most popular route here but that was a bit too extreme for me. Way heavier and I wanted to keep stock wheels.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good. Nice size tire for no lift. Has a more aggressive sidewall than the OEM Falken tire for sure.
I just installed a set of BFG K02 255/55R18 on my Sport today, but I have the 2" LP lift.
Nice. I love that setup but sadly a lift isn't practical for me right now. Maybe later. Did you post pics somewhere?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jrharvey, thank you for taking the time to post your results going with the 235/60R-18 Hankook A/T2 tires.

Looks like a great fit for your needs.
Oh yeah I forgot to mention I ordered them and had them installed at discount tire. I litterally ordered them at 1am friday morning and they were at the store by 9am and had them installed by 3. Was very happy with the experience. The staff was super friendly and very knowlegable about subarus and "going big" lol. A lot of places will give you pushback on getting a bigger tire than stock. You should pass along the message to the discount tire at high point, NC that they did a great job!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So...that size tire is a confirmed fit on the stock setup?
Let me do some more testing and see if I ca force it to rub and under what conditions. So far Im seeing plenty of clearance but I just got them installed yesterday and id like to get under the vehicle and see how much room is left when turning.

·
Supporting Vendor
865 Posts
Oh yeah I forgot to mention I ordered them and had them installed at discount tire. I litterally ordered them at 1am friday morning and they were at the store by 9am and had them installed by 3. Was very happy with the experience. The staff was super friendly and very knowlegable about subarus and "going big" lol. A lot of places will give you pushback on getting a bigger tire than stock. You should pass along the message to the discount tire at high point, NC that they did a great job!
Thank you for the shout out to your local Discount tire store. Glad to hear they helped you get the right tire for your needs. The fit is right at the max height for your Forester, nice to hear they worked with you to make sure they fit. We'll pass along your message.

Your car looks fantastic!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Let me do some more testing and see if I ca force it to rub and under what conditions. So far Im seeing plenty of clearance but I just got them installed yesterday and id like to get under the vehicle and see how much room is left when turning.
I ask because a different tire site (sorry, DT) lists that tire as not a fit for 2019 Forester Sport on an 18” wheel.

I’m hoping it is, because I like the way that tire fills the wheel wells.

·
Registered
279 Posts
The wheel well gap is there to allow the wheels to articulate over rough terrain. Put a 6" or so oil change ramp in front of a front tire and the opposite rear tire (or split a 12" or so log) and see how much clearance you have while turning the front wheels once up on them (check the rears too). The CR-V upper trims come with 235/60R18 Hankooks (street tread)--and a CR-V is a mall crawler.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I tested going over a 6" curb to stress the suspension and also had the wife turn the wheel at max lock and could still fit my pinky finger around the tightest spots. I'm gonna say this works for now but I guess go this route at your own risk. This hankook is actually 10" wide which is way wider than the Geolanders so if you wanna be safe go with the geolanders although I wanted a bit more tread and width and luckily there does not seem to be a problem.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow! They look great! How have they effected your fuel mileage?
Well Ive only had them for 1 full day but so far they seem about the same. Definately needs more testing though. The tire is about 9 pounds heavier than stock which is a lot but its nothing compared to the 20 pound difference that the 255 K02 ways and a lot of those guys say the MPG is about the same or only negligibly worse.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just installed the BFG K02 255/55R18. The weight of the tires is going to be brutal on the city stop and go gas mileage. In one day the average MPG shown on the display has dropped from 28ish to 20ish.
Time will tell.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice! I've been eyeing on Geolander with stock wheels but yous look badass to me which is a good thing. Now just need to convince Mrs that we need to get new tires when the car is 4 months old. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've had Pirelli Scorpion AT plus fitted for 2 months now and cannot fault them. Good aggressive tread and better than OEMs on ALL surfaces with only a 2 pound weight penalty.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice! I've been eyeing on Geolander with stock wheels but yous look badass to me which is a good thing. Now just need to convince Mrs that we need to get new tires when the car is 4 months old. Any suggestions?
Idk for the most part my wife was on board. I only had 600 miles on the car before swapping tires which is the only thing she didn't like. I just couldn't wait 3 years to wear out the stock tires. Currently trying to sell these falkens. She agrees that it's actually a smoother ride than stock although slightly louder but IMO I don't even notice it. Fuel mileage has actually been the same when you account for larger diameter tire. I was getting an average of 26mpg around the city. I reset the trip mileage and drove a few days and it says 25mpg which is right on considering the odometer is now off a bit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've had Pirelli Scorpion AT plus fitted for 2 months now and cannot fault them. Good aggressive tread and better than OEMs on ALL surfaces with only a 2 pound weight penalty.
Is that on factory wheels? Without any lift to your car? What size is ur tire?

1 - 20 of 71 Posts