Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would post fit pictures of this size tire with a ReadyLift lift kit. Plenty of clearance, seems even more than some of the older forester models. 225/65/17 BFG K02 tires on a 17 inch Black Rhino Boxer rim made specifically for Forester/Subaru application. Thought this would be helpful as I don't see any threads covering this tire/size combo on a 2019 specifically with a lift.

Plenty of tire clearance. The KO2 do ad some road noise as expected, but overall no that bad for this type of aggressive tread. I have owned a lot of other AT tires, these by far are my favorite for overall looks/aggressiveness to road noise, excellent tire wear, and very good traction. There is a reason they are one of the most popular tires at least in So Cal with the desert guys.

IMG_9423.jpg

IMG_9424.jpg

IMG_9425.jpg

IMG_9426.jpg

IMG_9427.jpg

IMG_9428.jpg

IMG_9429.jpg

·
Registered
41 Posts
I assume you first installed the lift and later the wheels\tires correct?

I'm still trying to figure out if 29" tires (specifically 235/60/r18) will fit without a lift. From the look of it, I think they might fit.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
31 Posts
There is another guy that just installed LP Aventure rims with Scorpion tires (225/65-17) with a stock suspension with zero fitment issues also.

·
Registered
2019 Forester
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I put the lift on first and then the wheels. The rims were back ordered a month. I am not sure if if you would have enough clearance with no lift if you bottomed the suspension out. I have some crazy speed bumps on my street...no problems and haven't rubbed yet in full turn.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
178 Posts
I am considering the same combination of rims and tires for lifted my 2019 Sport. Can't locate the rims at this time. Out of stock.

Wondering how big of a tire will fit without wheel well mods.
Do you think there is enough clearance to go up to a size bigger tire without any trim modifications, say 245/65R17?

Did you swap out the TPMS sensors from the original rims or did you get 4 new ones for the new set of rims and tires?

·
Registered
4 Posts
What's the biggest 17 inch tire you can run with no lift? I am running 225 65 17 now no lift and no problems. If I were to go 2 inch lift what do you think would fit?

·
Registered
2020 Touring
50 Posts
Well a 29" fits, lifted or not.

245/65/17 though is going to require modified fender liners. It'll work, but you'll need to modify a bit. Will depend a lot on wheel offset as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
225/65/17 fits with no lift on a 2019? Someone stated that above but that seems like it’s cutting it close? I have some 17 Sparco Terra Rally’s with that size coming in stock and I’m really curious and may try to fit them no lift and see how it does 🤔

·
Registered
2020 Touring
50 Posts
225/65/17 fits with no lift on a 2019? Someone stated that above but that seems like it’s cutting it close? I have some 17 Sparco Terra Rally’s with that size coming in stock and I’m really curious and may try to fit them no lift and see how it does 🤔
That's not even close to a tight fit. You'll have zero issues

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
38 Posts
I run 245/65/17’s on a 1.25” lift. I had to do some serious wheel well trimming. Fronts rubbed full turn mainly in reverse. I have the subaru mud guards and the rears would rub when compressed. Some cutting was required on those as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sweet that gives me time to wait for a little lift than. I appreciate all the help hope they work out! I’m new to lifting cars and big tires. I’m used to lowering and running low profile wheels haha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts