Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was the first time I actually got out of the vehicle after starting from a cold start and noticed a slight ticking noise from the engine As this is my first my first Subaru thought I would ask if this sounds normal. Approx. 600kms.

·
Registered
2012 Forester X Auto
2,497 Posts
A ticking sound can be valve noise, which may just be because the engine is still being broken in.
Also, when it is cold, metals shrink, and there is more
valve
clearance than when warm..
Does the sound disappear when the car warms up? That's probably it.
If it gets louder and/or never goes away, maybe it's something to mention when you get your first service done.
The nice thing about a new car is it is under warranty. If you have a problem, the dealer fixes it for free.

·
Registered
14 Forester XT cvt
138 Posts
Today was the first time I actually got out of the vehicle after starting from a cold start and noticed a slight ticking noise from the engine As this is my first my first Subaru thought I would ask if this sounds normal. Approx. 600kms.
Fuel Injector noise, very normal

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A ticking sound can be valve noise, which may just be because the engine is still being broken in.
Also, when it is cold, metals shrink, and there is more
valve
clearance than when warm..
Does the sound disappear when the car warms up? That's probably it.
If it gets louder and/or never goes away, maybe it's something to mention when you get your first service done.
The nice thing about a new car is it is under warranty. If you have a problem, the dealer fixes it for free.
I never gave it a chance to warm, I simply moved it to get my bike past it. Thanks for the feedback.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts