Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m considering buying snow tires and a set of 17” wheels for my 2019 Forester Limited, which came with 18” wheels. The front disks are larger than the ones on the Premium model, so I’m not sure if 17” wheels will fit. If so, can I put 17” wheels without pressure sensors on it in the winter, and the stock wheels on the rest of the year without going to a dealer, or would I have to have sensors and take the wheels to the dealer to reprogram them every time I want to switch them?

·
Registered
2019 Convenience / EyeSight CVT
43 Posts
My 2019 Forester has stock 17" rims and I tried downsizing to 16" for winter tires.
No go, the rim was hitting the brake caliper so back to 17. Larger disc doesn't bode well but might be different in your case.

·
Registered
2015 Forester CVT
629 Posts
I’m considering buying snow tires and a set of 17” wheels for my 2019 Forester Limited, which came with 18” wheels. The front disks are larger than the ones on the Premium model, so I’m not sure if 17” wheels will fit. If so, can I put 17” wheels without pressure sensors on it in the winter, and the stock wheels on the rest of the year without going to a dealer, or would I have to have sensors and take the wheels to the dealer to reprogram them every time I want to switch them?
I believe you are mistaken about the brake disc diameter being greater on the Limited than the Premium. They are both 11.6 inches; same as all non-turbo 14-18. Not sure about the Sport but odds are that they are also 11.6 inches.

GD

·
Registered
2010 Forester Premium X AT
984 Posts
I have 16" diameter wheels on my 2016 2.5i base model, so yes, it sounds like its possible the higher end models have larger disks....or maybe this is something to do with the newer model years?

Just go onto tirerack and see the smallest sized wheel they'll let you buy for your particular model. they're usually pretty good about fitment of alternate sizes.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CVT
16 Posts
I just ordered a set of tires and wheels from Tire Rack for my '19 Touring. 17" is what they recommended. I bought the 225/60R-17 Bridgestone Blizzak LM-50 run flat.

Supposed to arrive tomorrow from Indiana. I did not get the TPMS units installed as I don't have the tool to sync to the car. Maybe that was a mistake?

·
Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
2,656 Posts
I just ordered a set of tires and wheels from Tire Rack for my '19 Touring. 17" is what they recommended. I bought the 225/60R-17 Bridgestone Blizzak LM-50 run flat.

Supposed to arrive tomorrow from Indiana. I did not get the TPMS units installed as I don't have the tool to sync to the car. Maybe that was a mistake?
Only if having the TPMS warning light on and a chime go off when you first start the car. Otherwise, it won't be a bother. I have it on my '17 and I just don't pay attention to it.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CVT
16 Posts
Only if having the TPMS warning light on and a chime go off when you first start the car. Otherwise, it won't be a bother. I have it on my '17 and I just don't pay attention to it.
I suppose I can live with that.:) Thanks

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited CVT
94 Posts
I believe you are mistaken about the brake disc diameter being greater on the Limited than the Premium. They are both 11.6 inches; same as all non-turbo 14-18. Not sure about the Sport but odds are that they are also 11.6 inches.

GD
Not sure about the previous generation, but for 2019+ Sport trim and up (in the US) have larger front brakes, 17" is the smallest you can go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts