Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i CVT
447 Posts
Ha! Who says it's not an off-road vehicle? Forester might not be the best choice for advanced rock crawling, but it's completely capable of the roads you were on and worse.

Nice pictures!

·
Registered
2012 Forester X Auto
1,897 Posts
Perhaps the difference between off-road and dirt road was lost..
By definition "forest service roads" are roads - They just aren't paved.
I drive through a lot worse on a daily basis in my Subaru just to get to town and back.
I've also done it in a Kia Rio, and clearly that is not an off-road vehicle.
While scenic, just about any car with decent ground clearance could make it through the posted pictures.
To truly go off road, it's a good idea to have as much ground clearance as possible.
The Subie AWD will get you through snow and mud better than most cars, but if you high center - you are stuck.
All that takes is a 9+" tall rock.
The car also does a lot better with decent tires, and those would not be the ones that come stock.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks great! Any plans for upgrades?
A small lift (1.5") and possibly something along the lines of the Scorpion A/T or Dynapro AT2 tires,,,, although the stock (Ziex ZE001) tires did amazingly well in the mud and dirt! Not quite sure if I want to give up fuel mileage for A/T tires as everyone seems to loose around 4+ MPG installing A/T tires.
I did notice that the ZE001 is available in a 225-60/18 which would give me another .5" clearance!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts