Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Touring
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm needing to remove the rear bumper on my 2018 Forester XT to install a Stealth Hitch.

My forester has factory installed wheel arch moldings that I fear are covering up the retainer push clips just inside the wheel well that need to be removed to release the bumper. Does anyone here know if there is a way around this? I suppose I could remove the wheel arch section near the mud flap to do this, I'm just not sure if I could purchase the adhesive strip separate from the entire arch molding kit to put it back on.

Any thoughts you have would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

·
Registered
2015 XT touring VRP
10 Posts
At work I have removed many of the forester bumpers many times, you need to remove the flares to expose the two small clips on the inner wheel arch( once the flares are off you’ll clearly see them just inside the arch, I push the centers in with the edge of a flat head and you’ll most likely hear a click the slowly work the outside of the clip loose, then there will be standard sized bumper clips along the bottom underneath we the bumper as well, maybe 6-8 of them, also if u have factory mudflaps, those are blocking the two lower clips underneath the bumper as well, once those are all removed loosen the sides where it meets the quarter panel then you’ll have to give it a bit of a heave straight back away from the back of the car, that center retainer bracket near where the step pad goes gets tricky sometimes give it a good yank straight back and you should b good to go

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i Limited CVT
423 Posts
The mud flap fasteners usually strip out so you may have to get the repair kit. 3m makes weatherstrip adhesives and tapes for automotive work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts