Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finishing up the free oil changes for my 2018 Forester XT at the dealership today and learning how much future services will be. Prices seem pretty high. Does anyone recommend going with a third party to do the servicing from this point on? I am at 24k miles.

Thanks for any insights.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
How long do you plan on keeping the vehicle? We all have 100k mile warranties on the CVTs but you can bet that if you go third party on maintenance the dealers are going to be less inclined to go to bat for you if there's any service history requirements for using that warranty. If you don't plan on keeping the car more than a few years, IMO, go third party with a reputable shop.

I've found a great independent guy with some work I've had done on my 07, I'm likely to start using him for all service on my '18, including regular CVT fluid replacements.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the great reply’s here. Pretty sure I’m keeping this for the long haul at this point, but the future will tell. 😉 I appreciate all of your insights.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
My dealer heavily discounts a package of the crazy overpriced first 6 scheduled maintenance visits. That brings it down to just outrageous instead of crazy. If you add up all the posted prices of the individual items for those 6 visits, it comes to something like $1250. The dealer sells a prepaid package for around $800.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
NewEngland
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing