Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

2018 Touring - mileage 15,800km due for service B - good mechanic in Calgary?

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  yuxz339 
#1 ·
I was quoted approximately C$600 for the service package and parts for service B by a Subaru dealer in Calgary. Is this a fair price?
Any good mechanic in Calgary to recommend for Subaru Forester 2018? Thanks in advance.

#4 ·
Throwing your money away. It's all inspections along with an oil change and new A/C filter. Any low cost mechanic would probably do all this for under $200.
  • Replace: A/C Filter
  • Inspect: Clutch operation
  • Inspect: Disc brake pads and discs, front and rear axle boots and axle shaft joint portions
  • Replace: Engine oil
  • Replace: Engine oil filter
  • Inspect: Inspect brake lines and check operation of parking and service brake system
  • Perform: Rotate and Inspect Tires
  • Inspect: Steering and suspension

#6 ·
Have a 2018 Forester Ti which we have owned since Aug 2018 and is due for second oil change. When called to make appointment they stated that our Forester was due for the 12 month/20,000 km service at $377. When they asked the number of kilometers on the vehicle I said approx. 9,800 km so it won't require the full deal they were selling, heck the brakes aren't even used at that mileage!. I said we will just do the oil change and the usual inspection. Even with these vehicles using synthetic oil the frerquency for oil changes appears to be too often. I just installed the winter tires so no rotation is required. I think the dealer needs to use some common sense when booking a vehicle for service, they aren't all cookie cutter appointments.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.