Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so i'm actually having two problems with my rear gate.

The most common problem is that, when i use the fob OR if i use the button on the back of the trunk, it will open, beep three times and immediately close again, typically on whomever's head is in the way. I can see no cause for why this is happening - there is nothing blocking the sensors and it will do this regardless of whether anyone is near the trunk or not. I've just learned to keep my hand up until it tries to close again, but i'd like to figure out a better solution since i'm tired of being attacked by my PRG.

The second issues i'm having today is that, now the PRG won't open, manually or automatically. It is definitely unlocked and nothing is blocking the sensors, but it refuses to open.

Would appreciate any advise on these issues.

·
Registered
2003 Forester X 5 MT
522 Posts
A common problem with those gates. Just take it to the dealer and have them look at it should still be under warranty.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
41,230 Posts
@bjlucente perhaps this thread will help: Power rear gate/liftgate opens, then drops like a guillotine - SOLVED! :confused:

Also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Public Profile". Specifically, the "About Me" section (Edit Your Details). This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts. You can edit this field via the "User Control Panel", aka, "User CP.

If you're using a mobile device, you may need to use a laptop or desktop computer to see all the user tools.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts