Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I am preparing to install a pair of red 4-pot Fuji Heavy Industries (FHI) front brake calipers, as well as, a pair of red 2-pot FHI rear brake calipers on a 2018 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium (Black Edition Package) and would like to know what size rotors I will be needing and whether any additional parts will be necessary, such as wheel spacers, adapter brackets, bigger dust shields, etc. I will be honest, I am by no means an expert or professional mechanic and readily admit that I have already bitten off way more than I could ever chew. Before I go any further, please note that l have provided the Subaru part numbers for the FHI calipers that I have in my possession below, just so that we are all on the same page.

Front Right FHI Caliper Part #: 26292FE0418A

Front Left FHI Caliper Part #: 26292FE0518A

Rear Right FHI Caliper Part #: 26692FE0408A

Rear Left FHI Caliper Part #: 26692FE0508A

To make things easier, below, I have listed the dimensions of both the '18 Forester's OEM Front and Rear rotors. These are the rotors that are currently on the vehicle.

The following are the dimensions of the '18 Forester's OEM Front rotors:

The following are the dimensions of the '18 Forester's OEM Rear rotors:

I am getting ready to purchase the "Kartboy V2 Big Brake Adapters" for the 2-pot FHI rear calipers (Part #: KB-016-V2), but am not 100% sure whether they are the correct ones or not. Furthermore, I have yet to purchase any new front or rear rotors, but would definitely appreciate any help in identifying which DBA (Disk Brakes of Australia) brand rotors I would need to purchase for this task (ideally the part numbers).

Question 1: What diameter rotor would I need for the rear? (I was initially thinking 290mm)

Question 2: What diameter rotor would I need for the front? (I was initially thinking 294mm, which is the same as the OEMs)

Question 3: Will I need wheel spacers? (OEM 18" black alloy wheels)

Question 4: Do I have the right set of rear bracket adapters (Part #: KB-016-V2)? If not, then please let me know which ones I need.

Questions 5: Do I need bracket adapters for the front calipers (if such a thing even exists for the FHI 4-pot calipers)?

Questions 6: What else am I missing (aside from pads and brake hoses)?

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions if you have any. I greatly appreciate your guidance and support!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts