Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No service or anything done to my car recently but overnight, my Subaru Forester 2018 OEM push button remote start stopped working. Tried replacing the battery, no change. Doesn’t matter the distance, I press twice as I always did and the remote blinks green and doesn’t start. Not in service mode or anything, I think it may have lost its programming somehow. Now I don’t want to pay $70 to have it reprogrammed at the dealer, can I do this myself?

·
Registered
2018 Forester Limited
456 Posts
Check your hood switch to be sure it is properly depressed. They can get knocked out of alignment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If this is the ‘button’ like lever on the side of the engine compartment, it appears to be lined up and working properly. Is there any indication if this button is malfunctioning

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yours is a 2018 model which is newer so maybe you don't need to buy a new remote kit. Try asking your dealer if they could reprogram it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update:

Bought a replacement OEM remote starter on eBay, got car in service mode through brake down & three key turns, pressed the button twice and new remote is synced.

2018 Forester Owners- you do not need the dealership to get these fixed!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Update:

Bought a replacement OEM remote starter on eBay, got car in service mode through brake down & three key turns, pressed the button twice and new remote is synced.

2018 Forester Owners- you do not need the dealership to get these fixed!
What? I'm not sure what you did bought a new remote starter? Through brake down? Held your brake down? Pressed what button twice?

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
42,007 Posts
@mattrains01 welcome to the forum from Oregon!

Please complete your "Public Profile - add your vehicle details!
Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts