Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Forester Touring
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2018 Forester Touring.

How do you lock MFD above radio to only one screen with no scrolling through screens while driving? I want the info screen to be permanent and never go to other screens-never change display for any reason.

·
Registered
2015 Forester2.5i Premium CVT
1,299 Posts
I've never seen, or heard of such an option. I agree it would be useful.

·
Registered
2018 Forester Touring
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine stays on the last displayed screen until you manually scroll it.
I thought it should. Mine keeps changing to a speedometer graphic and then back to the basic info screen then the speedo.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
2,776 Posts
The MFD on the SJ generation Foresters will (generally) stay on the screen you have it set for and does not randomly scroll to other screens.

The only exception to this is when you engage X-Mode, then you go to the 4-wheel drive like screen, showing traction at each wheel, etc.. I am not sure if the Eyesight system will take over and show a different screen on the SJ generation, as my 2014 does not have Eyesight. I do know that on newer SK generation Foresters, the Eyesight screen will pop up when you engage the adaptive cruise control and other features of Eyesight.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
2,776 Posts
^^^ not on my 2014 Limited... ^^^

That may have been something related to being equipped with Eyesight and adaptive cruise control as mentioned before.

·
Registered
2005 2.5X 4EAT 2017 2.5i Prem CVT
143 Posts
That screen comes up when setting the ACC on the SJ as well. The SK and other Subies of recent vintage just have fancier graphics for the same information. It's minor annoyance switching it back to my usual fuel economy screen.

·
Registered
2015 Forester2.5i Premium CVT
1,299 Posts
Mine stays on the last displayed screen until you manually scroll it.
Mine does too, except when Eyesight evokes another screen. Since OP's 2018 Limited had Eyesight standard, I assumed that's what was happening.

·
Registered
2018 Forester Touring
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep. It is the cruise control changing the screen. It is a "software feature". Oh well. thanks for the responses.

·
Administrator
2016 & 2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,484 Posts
A feature, not a bug! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
448 Posts
Just do what I do. Right after starting the car, I turn the cruise control on and immediately hit the MFD selector down one so it goes to the triple gauge screen. (Or to whatever screen you prefer to have it on while driving.) I've done it so much, it's like an automatic reaction. I don't use the cruise control until almost 10 minutes into my trip, but I turn it on anyway, so I don't have to think about it later.

·
Registered
Sahuarita, AZ 2018 Forester Limited
2,816 Posts
Since OP's 2018 Limited had Eyesight standard, I assumed that's what was happening.
OP has a Touring. Eyesight was not standard on the 2018 Limited.

·
Registered
2017 XT Limited + Tech
398 Posts
Mine does too, except when Eyesight evokes another screen. Since OP's 2018 Limited had Eyesight standard, I assumed that's what was happening.
Mine has Eyesight too. But you are correct, Cruise control and Xmode will pop up a separate display if applied...and I rarely use them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts