Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
2,542 Posts
Yeah, I just bought the same unit from Rally Sport Direct (instead of Subiespeed) and it should be arriving any day and I'm hoping to maybe install on Saturday... :) The dinky little light on the sidewall has always been just about worthless.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
2,542 Posts
@SUBIE_XT - what's the strap on the seat back (with a red base?)....? I'm guessing it is so you can pull the seat up from the back area -- but where'd you get it?

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT 2.0 Premium
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I just bought the same unit from Rally Sport Direct (instead of Subiespeed) and it should be arriving any day and I'm hoping to maybe install on Saturday... :) The dinky little light on the sidewall has always been just about worthless.
yea it’s literally the power of a map light. And being on the side if you put something there you’ve blocked your only light source

·
Administrator
2016 & 2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,341 Posts
Great job. Thanks for documenting it here for us.
'
I've linked to this at our DIY, How-To & TSB's forum. That's an honor here.

Could you post links to the two sites mentioned here. I went to Subispeed and couldn't find anything there. Note slightly different spelling. Nothing showed up on Google with the E in the name.

·
Registered
2018 2.0XT Premium CVT
17 Posts
Ordered the light after the OP made the install look pretty straight forward. Received the package today and got it installed.

No drama! I got lucky and my fuse was not blown, but I had extras on hand just in case.

I also added a switch a la this post on the Ascent forum. I am REALLY happy with how it tuned out.

This is the switch I used: Quentacy 19mm Latching Push Button Switch 12V from Amazon.

Thanks OP and everyone else for the input.

Light on and LED switch on. Switch is in the blank where the seat down button would be on the Touring trim. Just to the right of the OE light, which is switched off.

·
Administrator
2016 & 2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,341 Posts
Link to where you bought the switch please.

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Touring HT-CVT
610 Posts
Nice video...it's also super useful for folks who are looking to install a rear dash camera only you have to pull panels on the other side instead.

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT 2.0 Premium
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great job. Thanks for documenting it here for us.
'
I've linked to this at our DIY, How-To & TSB's forum. That's an honor here.

Could you post links to the two sites mentioned here. I went to Subispeed and couldn't find anything there. Note slightly different spelling. Nothing showed up on Google with the E in the name.
Thank you so much! Sorry I haven’t been active life has gotten busy. Looks like some other members answered your question. Thank you so much for the honor and post on the DIY Thread!

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
2,542 Posts
I did get mine installed - and OMG - it is fantastic...!

A word of caution - some of the fittings (like the rubber "hose" in the hatch, the pins holding the panels, etc.) are sometimes fragile or flimsy and hard to work for those of us with larger hands.

I did remove all of the panels on the hatch and partially removed the panels on the side... also a good idea to have something to guide the wire through the tight space of the rubber hose - I used an old wire coat hanger as a loop and pulled through.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts