Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So walked out to our 2018 forester and noticed a pretty good size crack in the windshield on the driver side. It wasn’t there two hours before we parked and there is no spot of a chip. Per reading other owners with the same problem we took it to the dealership. The dealership said there wasn’t any chip to cause the crack and had us call Subaru. Subaru said they would contact the dealership and would most likely cover a new windshield. When we got home we had an email from Subaru that said the dealership said there was a chip and they wouldn’t be covering it. We have two Subaru vehicles now and we were planning on another one next year but honestly after this probably not.

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
2,277 Posts
Welcome to the AGC (Accoustic Glass Crack) Club! Unless you have Eyesight replace your windshield with aftermarket glass.

Suggest you file a complaint, like many of us have done, with the NHTSA here:

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT w/ S & S#
307 Posts
Sooooo the dealership said there was no chip and then when SOA called they changed their tune and said there was a chip that caused the crack?
I think I'd be back in that dealership pretty quick and start speaking in a loud voice.

My sister's out back is on its third windshield ...all of them cracked for no reason, One cracked as my BiL was driving out of the Subaru dealership parking lot ... after having a brand new windshield installed !!! the windshields are crap and Subaru knows it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts