Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Ii want to thank everyone for their feedback. That my situation is not normal and it appears that on top of that the dealership soaked me. Lesson learned.

I do love the vehicle but was hoping I would hear someone tell me that they had Subaru stand behind their products, rather than just take the money and run. As I mentioned for me when I went directly to Subaru itself they just quoted their warranty and when I asked to speak with someone higher up because this isn't right they told me their service rep does not talk to customers. Now that is not service.

Hopefully there are no further issues and this is a one off, but sadly at this point I can't recommend Subaru to friends.

Thanks again all
So you think a single dealer issue means you can't recommend Subaru to friends? Subaru is one of the better manufacturers when it comes to CS. Your issue is with the dealer not Subaru.

As a former Tech for over 10 years, let me give you a little insight- you can't recommend any brand to anyone. Dealers are independent and vary, doesn't matter which manufacturer- even the expensive brands.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I agree with @OriginalTwoTone. Some dealers do it well and some don't. Some dealers have good polices, some cut corners as much as possible. In my experience, I even have different experiences from 2 different dealerships owned by one company! Sometimes, even the service advisor looks at revenue from parts and labour instead customer service. Cheers.

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Premium
14 Posts
I'm at 60k on my 2018 XT Premium and have original pads and rotors. I'm pretty hard on my car and do a lot of mountain road driving as well as a fair amount of city driving.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I get the comments regarding the dealer, but I complained to Subaru and they quoted the warranty. When I said give a break and let me talk to someone who can make a judgment call they said that Subaru Service Representatives don't talk to customers.....nice.

So this isn't just the dealer, this is the manufacturer earning the reputation. But hey I am just the little guy.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Damm
I get the comments regarding the dealer, but I complained to Subaru and they quoted the warranty. When I said give a break and let me talk to someone who can make a judgment call they said that Subaru Service Representatives don't talk to customers.....nice.

So this isn't just the dealer, this is the manufacturer earning the reputation. But hey I am just the little guy.
Can you find me another manufacturer that covers wear parts?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
As I mentioned in an earlier post, a buddy of mine had a Ford Flex that had the same issue 2 months out of warranty. When he complained Ford threw in the parts and the dealer was good enough to discount some labor. It came in at half the cost. So there is one manufacturer. I would have been ecstatic with that.

·
Registered
2020 Forester
19 Posts
As for excessive brake wear I see lots of drivers nowadays who seem to want to make their stop in the last 50 ft. which,IMO, is hard on brakes.
Exactly! Especially approaching intersections' with stop signs/lights for streets crossing the one I am driving on when I have the right of way. They make me nervous that this time will be one of those where they run the sign, either on purpose, or from "impaired" driving (whether booze, drugs, or cell phone distraction), or due to brake failure, or some such mechanical problem. 99.9% of the time, it's just their "young man" driving style as mentioned above wherein they totally depend on the brakes to stop in the nick of time - my 3 sons have tended to be that way, and, it seems, not much mellowing as they have approached and passed 30 years of age. The other 0.01% is when I have had to take evasive maneuvers a few times over my 50+ years of driving, so I am always a bit on edge when I see that coming...

·
Registered
2018 FXT-T CVT / 2007 FXT 5MT
1,462 Posts
Did you ever get a measurement of the pads? Or a second opinion? Did you try rebedding the pads or maybe just sanding down the rotors a touch? Grease up the calipers?

Or are we all just hanging on the advise and diagnosis of this one dealership still? Just checking.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
No I am no techy. I trusted the dealer. It is the rusty rotors at 24 months that have me upset. Just brake pad wear would not have bothered me as much.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I will be signing off from this thread as it seems to have run its course. Hopefully I just had an unlucky one-off.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.