Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys... Here is an update from an install I did ref this link below

Aerodynamics.... Man just moving a basket a few inches can make a huge difference.... Understanding there is tons of thing that can have an impact on drag.... Here is my experience with the Foz and a Cargo Basket. My intent is to leave the basket on 24/7, as I use it often...

I have been experimenting with the cargo basket placement (5 different locations and heights). And here is the final location. Note: OEM tires no basket = ~28.2 MPG / Falken Wildpeak Trail tires no basket = ~27.5 MPG / Falken Wildpeak Trail tires with basket in originally mounted location and height = ~24.6 MPG / Falken Wildpeak tires with basket in final location = 27 MPG... This drive is 50/50 city+hw to and from work..
The pics in this post will be final position... The height was as low as I could mount the brackets to the aero cross bars/rails. Hit the link below for original location... Hope my testing can be of value for the Forester Fam... Carl

<https://www.subaruforester.org/threads/2018-budget-cargo-basket-installation.807764/#post-7588551>

·
Registered
2010 Forester A
24 Posts
Interesting, I might make some adjustments to mine and see what changes, could probably slide it back a couple inches at least. Thanks for sharing!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts