Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Premium 6MT
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I would please like to confirm:
  1. In the attached photo below, the circled nipple is the only bleeder for the clutch, correct?
  2. For 2018 NA model SJ 6MT (master cylinder on driver side) the correct brake bleed sequence including the clutch is (reference ('14-'18) - Brake fluid bleed help):
    1. Rear passenger
    2. Rear driver
    3. Front passenger
    4. Front driver
    5. Clutch
Thanks and happy rowing!
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Synthetic rubber Rim Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2017 Forester Premium 2.5i, 6-speed manual, moon-roof, fog lights, skid-plates, winch, 2nd bedroom
212 Posts
Should be a bleeder on the slave cylinder, follow the line to the left of your circle.

Reactions: elcid

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Premium 6MT
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you replacing the master cylinder? Or just doing a clutch slave cylinder bleed with new fluid?
Routine maintenance bleed. I flushed the brakes for the first time this summer (significant improvement in pedal feel), but I wasn't aware of the clutch being part of the brake system. I want to make sure the entire brake fluid system is 100% flushed next time (soon). Thanks.

·
Registered
2017 Forester Premium 2.5i, 6-speed manual, moon-roof, fog lights, skid-plates, winch, 2nd bedroom
212 Posts
The brake master cylinder also supplies brake fluid to the clutch system on my manual Forester.
So to get the old fluid out of all 3 reserve sections of the master cylinder and lines, you need to bleed the 3 systems. Front brakes, rear brakes and clutch.

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Premium 6MT
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@elcid if I understand you correctly. Brake and clutch are 2 separate hydraulic systems, Therefore the bleed process of brakes does not include the clutch.

Based on this thread and looking at the system itself I think the clutch and brakes share the same fluid system and reservoir.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts