Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Forester Touring XT
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

'18XT Looking at all weather tires- snowpeak rating-225/55/18 No winter tires as no storage etc. Here are my 3 choices:

Geolandar G015 Falken Wildpeak AT Trail Nokian WRG4SUV
600AB 680AA 600AA
98H 98V 102H
60K Warranty 65K 60K
29lbs 29.2lbs 27

Any thoughts based on specs above? Looks like Falken wins the price battle
Question- Are all snowflake ratings the same or are some better that others?
THX
RT

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Touring CVT
97 Posts
I have a set of the Goodyear WeatherReady on my '18 XT. So far so good. Didn't have too much snow last winter here in Northern NJ, but when it did, they performed pretty well. Tire noise and comfort seems about the same as the stock Duelers, but the winter performance is light years better. I've put about 10k on them since last December and so far the tread wear has been pretty good.

·
Registered
0415 Forester 2.5i Cvt
86 Posts
I have the Nokian WRG3 Suv. They are pretty good ( rated to 55k miles). Definitely will buy again. These tires finished being better than the Toyo Celsius Suv (rated 60k), which is not a bad tyre. But the Celcius wore faster. I had the Toyo’s also on my minivan and they lasted longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
N/A Not yet
17 Posts
I went with the Falkens because they were developed for smaller SUVs. I haven’t had them in the snow so probably doesn’t help you much but I have driven several miles on forrest service roads and they did great in the dirt!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts