Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Forester
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. My AC just went out on my 2018 Forester. I used to have the Gold Plus warranty up until 800 miles ago. Turns out I paid way too much for it too, after poking around this forum 🤦‍♀️. I'm just curious if anyone has had any luck with the dealership working with you after a warranty became newly expired? Do they make exceptions or negotiate with fees?

I also have little faith in the dealership I've worked with in the past, so I'm super hesitate going back to them. Last time I went there, they told me I needed my brakes replaced when I didn't and messed up my oil pan which I had to get replaced. I'm just wondering if it's best to give them a chance to remedy prior issues with my current situation or just forget about them, save time and energy, and take care of this elsewhere where I have more faith in the shop?

Any advise and/or insight will be greatly appreciated. TIA!

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Forester
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why even consider going back to a place that has bad mechanics AND tried to rip you off? You can try calling Subaru corporate and ask them, they owe you nothing but it's worth a shot. I'm curious, did you ever use your extended warranty for anything?
Yeah, that's pretty much where I'm at. I never once used the warranty. I honestly didn't even think I needed it, but the sales lady convince me since my car came with the Eyesight Tech.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts