Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Just bought a XT limited. Not looking for heavy mods by any means. Here to search up some low key mods. #dadlife

possible exhaust?
I live in Manitoba. Let me know if you are nearby!

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT
1,294 Posts
Congrats. 2018xt Calgary.

I love the Mann engineering exhaust. Expensive though

·
Registered
2017 XT Limited + Tech
214 Posts
That's the same model I have. 2 low key mods I highly recommend are:
1. Swab out the rear antisway bar for a 20mm one C$130.
2. Install a cheap dash cam C$60.

And check everything especially the AC before your warranty expires.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@eelnod Do you have any recommendations on brands to buy here in Canada? I find if we search hard enough we can always find Canadian suppliers instead of relying on US shops.

·
Registered
2017 XT Limited + Tech
214 Posts
I ordered my 20mm rear sway bar from subaruonlineparts.com and picked it up across the border and you can find some links here that will save on delivery. As for dashcam, I really like the Blueskysea B1W with super capacitor. You can find it online for US$45 with memory car included. PM me if you want a link.

·
Registered
2017 XT Limited + Tech
214 Posts
Oh, another thing that is really worthwhile is to swap out the halogen fog light bulbs with LEDs.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
703 Posts
Congrats & welcome...

Depends on what you want to do with the Foz XT... make it glitzy? make it faster? make it corner better? make it better off the road?

There are lots of mods you can do on the Foz... just be careful of that mod bug... once it starts going around, it infects your wallet, your sleep patterns and your free time. It can be dreadful! But there are positive notes to the mod bug - such as the smile on your face and the enjoyment of going places you've never gone before...

·
Registered
2017 XT Limited + Tech
214 Posts
Congrats & welcome...

Depends on what you want to do with the Foz XT... make it glitzy? make it faster? make it corner better? make it better off the road?

There are lots of mods you can do on the Foz... just be careful of that mod bug... once it starts going around, it infects your wallet, your sleep patterns and your free time. It can be dreadful! But there are positive notes to the mod bug - such as the smile on your face and the enjoyment of going places you've never gone before...
Absolutely agree. Modding is like renovating your home, it only stops when your wallet drys out. But for less than $200, those mods are the best bang for the buck....imho. Not to mention mats and snow tires.

·
Registered
2017 XT Limited + Tech
214 Posts
A really cheap mod is to insert an aluminum bug screen between the grill and the radiator. I bet you will need it in Manitoba in the summer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Regina eh?! Spent the worst six months of my life there hahaha! I will be in western MB soon. Let’s meet! Yorkton isn’t far!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts