Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a "new" 2017 Forester and don't know if the center console is up to date. It does seem a bit light on features, and I'm wondering if there are any updates I could apply.

·
Registered
2017 Outback
118 Posts
Turn on the radio, select Home and then select Settings. Find the system info and post it.
Model:
Gracenote version:
Database:
If you have navigation then remove the mini SD card and insert into a reader adapter (the mini SD card will require a cheap adapter so it will fit into a computer SD slot). Download SubaruGEN2 from Naviextras.com - Map updates for your navigation device and more... and the program will tell you if map updates are available.

This info will allow us to give you some help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My vehicle doesn't have any navigation options on the center console, nor any SD card that I'm aware of.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
1,987 Posts
@Fevix - what type of Forester do you have? Base? Premium? Litited? XT?

Even with Starlink, some models will have fewer features. The HK system that had Navigation on and the SD card slot was only around the first few years of the SJ series and then was done and gone with the 2nd generation facelift.

You can update the Starlink app and system, but it won't really get you any extra features. It's like updating the OS on your phone or tablet - it generally gets you updates and fixes to bugs and issues, but doesn't get you more stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts