Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Forester
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! My 2017 Forester has a lot of wind noise coming from the windows, but it's not the typical gusset problem I keep reading about. The seal that separates the two window pieces is coming loose (see photos). Does anyone know how I can fix this problem on my own or what it would cost to have someone else fix it? Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! My 2017 Forester has a lot of wind noise coming from the windows, but it's not the typical gusset problem I keep reading about. The seal that separates the two window pieces is coming loose (see photos). Does anyone know how I can fix this problem on my own or what it would cost to have someone else fix it? Thank you!
I've got the same thing happening on my 2018, passenger side. Did you ever figure out a good fix? thanks

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
2 Posts
Same here on a 2017. Noise from driver side only, it can be abated by pressing my hand over the window at this point. Tried pushing seals tighter into their slots, made no difference. Tried putting tape over outside of window where that join is, no difference. Next step is putting tape on the inside. Driver and passenger sides look the same, but only the drivers side has the wind noise which starts at around 40-45mph. Bloody annoying , love to hear if anyone solved this issue.

·
Registered
2014 2.5 Premium CVT
9 Posts
@LostAgain I have a 2014 Forester and I had the dealer replace all the rubber trim to try and fix the wind noise coming from my passenger side front door. Did nothing. They claim they fixed it of course, but it’s just as bad. I’m debating on getting rid of this car due to this noise. It sounds like a window is cracked the slightest bit, but not the issue. I’ve taped all of the joints on the outside to see if I could stop it and did a road test. No change.

·
Registered
2005 Forester Turbo JDM, 2013 FXT JDM
5 Posts
This drove me crazy trying to find this, I have a 2012 JDM model (same as 2014+, CVT etc) and I had a real hard time finding the problem. I've fixed it by sealing the bottom of the front quarter windows. It was always quieter when it rained, so I figured something could be fixed with sealant
. Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Car
Vehicle Grille Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts