Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting some Falken wildpeaks installed on my 2017 FXT next week. Heard nothing but good things, but wondering how they hold up for harsher winters. They still hold it down in the snow and ice?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2017 XT Limited + Tech
455 Posts
If you look around YouTube, someone by the name Bruceyyyy posted a comparison between his all weathers vs winters on his Outback.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Its just around my parts but falkens are not the most popular for the subarus. Either dedicated winter tires or the newer category all weather tires are. I was also warned by two friends and a family member about falken wildpeak ats. The two friends of mine had tried 3 times too get them re-balanced but they were out of round and Falken left them cold. they are reiable friends who are smart so I trust them, The other is an uncle who got them for his f250 and had the same probably bad vibrations at 55mph and above. No issue before or when he went with BFGs. It truly could just be chance but who knows. The tire shops around my parts are extremly reliable too and i've taken my vehicles to the same shop that said sorry they are just out of round.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pretty solid review for the wildpeaks on this Crosstrek

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
710 Posts
@Justin0009 My Falken Wildpeak AT Trail tires are steady and smooth up to 125mph. :p (I had a cargo basket with a full size spare on the roof, so there was too much air resistance to check if they were good at full speed.)

Are your friends using the newer AT Trails or the older AT?

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Sport
17 Posts
I have Wildpeak AT Trails and Nokian Hakka R3s on my SK. The Wildpeaks are definitely better than a regular all-season handling reasonably well in relatively dry snow with smart condition-specific driving. But wet/slick/slushy/tightly packed snow or ice and they're not much better than a regular all-season. For that you really need the winter rubber compound to make the difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts