Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Forester
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I’m looking for recommendations to upgrade my ‘17 Forester to have Apple Car Play. I would like to retain the steering wheel controls and the back up camera on the screen. If possible Bluetooth and the CD player too.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
2018 Forester CVT
147 Posts
I upgraded my 2018 (which is different than 2017) with a Kenwood 9904s and Maestro Rr plus a Scosche adaptor. I retained everything plus STARLINK is green led. Yours will be totally easier plug and play and yes I have the rear camera working. I was lucky that my son in his youth worked installing car stereo and home entertainment system. The only hard part was stuffing the telemetric to keep the front speakers to work. I did use the 2017 flash software on the Rr and a couple t-taps as the 2018-19 is not ready for prime time Idatalink Maestro.
Lou Cioccio

·
Registered
2017 Forester
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I upgraded my 2018 (which is different than 2017) with a Kenwood 9904s and Maestro Rr plus a Scosche adaptor. I retained everything plus STARLINK is green led. Yours will be totally easier plug and play and yes I have the rear camera working. I was lucky that my son in his youth worked installing car stereo and home entertainment system. The only hard part was stuffing the telemetric to keep the front speakers to work. I did use the 2017 flash software on the Rr and a couple t-taps as the 2018-19 is not ready for prime time Idatalink Maestro.
Lou Cioccio

Thank you! This is very, very helpful!
:):)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts