Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a solution for shutting off the factory 3 click tapturns on a '17 FXT? I installed an aftermarket tapturn relay that you can change the amount of clicks. I prefer having 5 clicks cause I feel like the 3 clicks happen too fast whenever changing lanes. I've read around that you can have the dealer shut it off, but I've been hesitant with asking them.

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Limited CVT
495 Posts
I couldn't find a way around going to the dealer. Here is the info needed to turn it off. I printed it and gave it to the dealer.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SmartTap CF18 LED Flasher Module

I have this and set my tap signal to the max of 6. But you can also use this to set it to 1 which essentially turns it off. There are some other features as well that may or may not be useful to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's the one I have. But for some reason the factory clicks over ride the flasher I installed.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I couldn't find a way around going to the dealer. Here is the info needed to turn it off. I printed it and gave it to the dealer.

Did they charge you for it, or give you a hard time when you requested it?

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT
182 Posts
That's the one I have. But for some reason the factory clicks over ride the flasher I installed.
That’s strange. It works on my SJ Forester XT. Ive programmed the diode dynamics part to blink 5 times. You may want to doublecheck whether you have programmed it correctly.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT
27 Posts
Try checking the programming and email DD if that’s not working? I’m not sure if the factory programming is in the ECU or if its in the factory unit you replaced with the SmartTap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That’s strange. It works on my SJ Forester XT. Ive programmed the diode dynamics part to blink 5 times. You may want to doublecheck whether you have programmed it correctly.
Apologies, I was under the assumption that the relay from TapTurn, and from DD are one and the same. Mine is from TapTurn.

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Limited CVT
495 Posts
Did they charge you for it, or give you a hard time when you requested it?
I had them make the settings change when I had the car in for other service. The service manager made a big deal about how they didn't charge me for it, but hey, I just bought the whole car from them a few months earlier, and making a five-minute settings change should be free of charge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts