Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Editorial Content
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Subarus are popping up everywhere. Last year was the brand’s best year in the U.S. in terms of sales, and there’s no hint that Subaru is slowing down anytime soon.

The Forester is one of Subaru’s most successful products and is now reaching its 20th birthday with some important changes to its formula.

Of course, this spike in popularity is well deserved and it all starts with how the Forester drives and how practical it is. A crossover should combine the driving style and feeling of a car with the size and practicality of an SUV, and the Forester embodies this category so well. Unlike traditional SUVs, it’s very easy to drive without a lot of body roll or bounciness. And unlike traditional cars, the Forester is very practical and has a ton of space.
Read more about the 2017 Subaru Forester Limited Review at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Touring CVT
8 Posts
I traded my 2016 premium with 7000 miles for the 2017 Touring. Excellent trade in and great price/deal for the '17. It had the updated eyesight, blindspot monitoring and all the other safety features I wish I could have had with the '16. Saved me an accident already.

·
Registered
2017 Forester Touring 2.5 cvt
183 Posts
We have the same model without ere-sight. I did notice the Canadian version has heated rear seats. That would be a nice feature on U.S. spec model. Overall a great vehicle, and drives like a different/better vehicle when compared to the 2014 to 2016 model.

·
Registered
2018 Forester 2.5 Touring
42 Posts
Subaru's EyeSight package is certainly high-tech magic. But can someone explain to me why with all the components available to make EyeSight work, they wouldn't have an audible warning to the back-up sensors? My Infiniti beeps at me with increasing intensity as I get close to objects when backing up, and it's a super useful safety feature, particularly if you like to back in to your garage.

I just don't understand why Subaru doesn't do this. Anybody know why?

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5i CVT
613 Posts
Subaru's EyeSight package is certainly high-tech magic. But can someone explain to me why with all the components available to make EyeSight work, they wouldn't have an audible warning to the back-up sensors? My Infiniti beeps at me with increasing intensity as I get close to objects when backing up, and it's a super useful safety feature, particularly if you like to back in to your garage.

I just don't understand why Subaru doesn't do this. Anybody know why?
A beep is just a beep, has nothing to do with tech. Its a design choice.

Does the Infiniti auto brake like the Subi?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
A beep is just a beep, has nothing to do with tech. Its a design choice.

Does the Infiniti auto brake like the Subi?
Pretty dumb design choice, IMO. Particularly in the context of all the amazing safety features in this Forester. Omitting the audible back-up warning just doesn't make sense.

And no, the Infiniti doesn't auto-brake. Will my Forester auto-brake before I roll into the back of my garage? I highly doubt it... that's not what the auto-brake tech is all about. I suppose I'll find out soon enough, but it's not something I'm particularly eager to experiment on.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Picked up the car today, and of course there's an audible warning integrated with the back-up sensors.

So there it is.

·
Registered
2017 Forester Touring 2.5 cvt
183 Posts
I have a Forester Touring without eye-sight and it comes standard with back up warning beep. Smart design because I also have a Mercury Mariner, same thing as a Escape. If I have the bike rack on the hitch it always beeps in reverse. I can turn it off, but it resets itself every time I turn off the car. It thinks something is behind the car at all times in reverse. So basically it's annoying as Fu?£. Taken to multiple dealers and looked online. Just a poorly thought out design.

The Forester on the other hand. It doesn't beep continuously. It acts the same way with or without the bike rack on the hitch. Brilliant!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Between the sales staff and our test-drives, somehow we walked away with the impression there was no audible warning with the backup sensors. Clearly that was wrong. I screwed up asking about it.

So many safety features on this car... it really punches up into a luxury class, which is kind of shocking to me. I've always thought of the Forester as a downscale little crossover with a great AWD drivetrain. For example, I knew the car had lane-departure warning, but what I didn't know until taking delivery on the car and driving home that when you drift over the line, the car gently nudges the steering wheel back on track.

Holy crap! LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts