Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY 2017 Forester. Love my Forester , my only complaint is the seat belts are hard to buckle. I have put on some weight since retiring. So I started looking for extenders on Amazon and found Subaru takes a unique buckle and the universal buckles will not work. Also the drivers side and passenger side are different. The only place I found Subaru specific extenders was "Seat Belt Extender PROS" online. Twice the price as Amazon but they work.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring CVT
25 Posts
I looked into these for my daughter when she moved into a booster seat to make it easier for her to get herself buckled. I ultimately decided against them because the things I read indicated that they weren’t crash tested in any manner similar to the requirements for automotive manufacturers.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also was concerned about the quality and safety . The ones I bought are E4 and E8 certified. From what I could find this is the European rating for a 3 point harness, similar to ISO 9000 and TS 16949 and certified for airlines. But that's their claim. I pulled and tugged as hard as I could and they held.

·
Registered
1 Posts
MY 2017 Forester. Love my Forester , my only complaint is the seat belts are hard to buckle. I have put on some weight since retiring. So I started looking for extenders on Amazon and found Subaru takes a unique buckle and the universal buckles will not work. Also the drivers side and passenger side are different. The only place I found Subaru specific extenders was "Seat Belt Extender PROS" online. Twice the price as Amazon but they work.
Looks like you found the solution... I found that company when I was trying to find extenders for my Kymco UTV. Couldnt get any help from Kymco but the Extender pros were able to match it with a photo and measurements from the actual seat belt clasp... Good outfit. I picked up extenders for my 17 forester a week after I bought it....

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport Auto
115 Posts
I looked into these for my daughter when she moved into a booster seat to make it easier for her to get herself buckled. I ultimately decided against them because the things I read indicated that they weren’t crash tested in any manner similar to the requirements for automotive manufacturers.
We did seat belt extenders for my wife's Toyota years ago. We bought them from the parts department at our local Toyota dealership. Maybe Subaru has them too?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring
596 Posts
I would recommend getting on ebay and buying some used seatbelt sets from the front driver/passenger (did you need both?) side and then getting them done up to what you need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts