Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring Lineartronic CVT Si Drive
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

I was wondering if there is a way to adjust the catches that the locks grab on the folding rear seat backs? There is like a metal loop that seems like it might be able to move. I have the pull-up pins on the Premium XT. I ask because my rear seat-backs are offset by about an inch and it looks really bad. when its light out I will snap a picture to better explain what I mean.

Thanks in advance!

:Banane35:

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i CVT
124 Posts
Rear seats have a loop that you pull to adjust seatback's angle of recline. Have you tried pulling the loop to adjust seatback position on one or both sides?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply CT BOB!

I thought my model didn't have that feature, so I didn't look for a loop. Let me try that. If it doesn't work, Ill post some pics in the morning. Thanks again!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a photo of said loops.

Down right by where the seat meets the seatback and it is a fabric loop.

Black arrows are pointing to the LATCH child seat anchors, by the way.

Thanks all!

I used them this morning to even the seats out. I remember reading that the XT premium didn't have that option, and I didn't see anything in the manual regarding those. But it's all good now!

Thanks again!

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i CVT
1 Posts
Rear seats have a loop that you pull to adjust seatback's angle of recline. Have you tried pulling the loop to adjust seatback position on one or both sides?
The base model of the forester has the seat reclining feature disabled, you guys wouldn't happen to know if there is a way to enable it? It's something i figured there would be an easy workaround for, but have yet to find anything on the internet.

Any help would be great. Thanks!

-Marcador

·
Registered
52 Posts
The base model of the forester has the seat reclining feature disabled, you guys wouldn't happen to know if there is a way to enable it? It's something i figured there would be an easy workaround for, but have yet to find anything on the internet.

Any help would be great. Thanks!

-Marcador
Resurrecting this one, just picked up a 2015 and noticed the interior panels are slotted to allow movement. A little searching landed me here.
I imagine the adjustable option puts that anchor on a track with a remote cable to adjust it. I guess I'll go on a parts search...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Resurrecting this one, just picked up a 2015 and noticed the interior panels are slotted to allow movement. A little searching landed me here.
I imagine the adjustable option puts that anchor on a track with a remote cable to adjust it. I guess I'll go on a parts search... View attachment 528279
Any update...found something...please let us know

·
Registered
52 Posts
Parts are on order with a very slow estimated arrival of 11 Feb but I only paid a fraction of new retail. Best I can tell from the parts diagrams:
-Sliding Striker, cable, Pull tab and mounting clip for the pull tab all come as one assembly(Part #13)
-Bolts are the same length for both Reclining and Non-Reclining Strikers.
-No other parts are needed for the recliner but some interior panel clips may need replacement if they break during de-panel and install.

I will have the full story once Parts show up and I attempt install.

#13 is what you need for conversion

·
Registered
2 Posts
Parts are on order with a very slow estimated arrival of 11 Feb but I only paid a fraction of new retail. Best I can tell from the parts diagrams:
-Sliding Striker, cable, Pull tab and mounting clip for the pull tab all come as one assembly(Part #13)
-Bolts are the same length for both Reclining and Non-Reclining Strikers.
-No other parts are needed for the recliner but some interior panel clips may need replacement if they break during de-panel and install.

I will have the full story once Parts show up and I attempt install.

View attachment 528605
#13 is what you need for conversion
Awesome, will wait patiently for the full story...

·
Registered
52 Posts
I hate when sellers don't know how to pack things. There was plenty of room in the box for a gradual sweeping bend. But instead both cables were bent at 90 degrees and the ferrule (shiny part near the track) and wrapped tight with tape. This causes kinking of the cable sleeve and the inner cable which adds friction and degrades the sleeve liner. The inner cable strands can als break, bind and lead premature failure. Yeah manufacture and repair of cable assemblies has been a part of my job for the last 16 years I'm kind of anal about it. I will break them down and see if they are ok or need rebuilding.

I have some black rear seats showing up this weekend to replace the beige/gray ones so the timing is really good (minus a setback IF cables need rebuild) because it looks like the seats should come out to get under the interior panel for this recline mod.

·
Registered
52 Posts
UPDATE:
I finally got the last thing I need to complete this job and that's time.
Now that I have time I have started getting inside panels it's actually easier than I thought to get to.
Pictures and how-to guide coming, hopefully I will have it published this weekend.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Looks like I missed something. The brackets are installed but the pull tab is not securing the way I thought it would.
Looks like the outer hinges are slightly different so that the pull tabs can clip onto them. And it's also sprung to assist in seat positioning. This Ebay Photo with Recline tab still attached shows the full story, where the tab clips on, the guide for the tab and the bend in the spring where the bar sticking out of the seat engages.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts