2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,981 Posts
@akelly welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

The Google custom forum search is pretty good. :wink:

Here's a couple threads for you to peruse:

Sleeping in the back (merged thread)
Roof top tent (merged thread)

Also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Public Profile". Specifically, the "About Me" section (Edit Your Details). This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts. You can edit this field via the "User Control Panel", aka, "User CP.

If you're using a mobile device, you may need to use a laptop or desktop computer to see all the user tools.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

Reactions: akelly

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i Limitd CVT
103 Posts
My wife and I camp with our 2015 Forester very frequently. I have a Yakima pod mounted on the rood. In that I carry our tent, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, camp table, sun shelter, hiking boots, and repacked breakfasts, lunches and dinners. Inside the Forester I store camp chairs, a smaller table, my kitchen box, cooler, cold weather clothes, rain gear, our suitcases, portable restop toilet, and a few other miscellaneous small items like a bunch of wine bottles. Everything has a place and I try to keep everything in its place when possible.

I've replaced all interior lights with led versions but even so, I keep the dome lights, etc. turned off. My only pet peeve is that when opening doors the approach light come on -- I'd like a way to turn them off when I don't need them.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Forester Premium Lineartronic® CVT
324 Posts
I have a Yakima SkyRise that I have used for years on a Subaru Crosstrek. This will be the first year with it on the Forester. In fact, camping and outdoor activities were the reason we purchased the Forester. We needed "just a little bit more" space.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Outback
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Car camping mattress reccomendaitons

Does anyone have any reccs for car camping mattresses?

·
Administrator
15,365 Posts
@akelly

It would be good if you filled out your profile so that advice suitable for your vehicle and region can be provided.

Also, I have combined your camping related threads as it's best to have a single topic.

·
Administrator
15,365 Posts
Although I was normally using a touring tent at the time I camped in the Foz with a self-inflating mattress occasionally. The car has 2 flat fridge slides in the back so slid them out a little for extra room, had the rear cargo door ajar a little and wrapped in a tarp:

I then went with a Autohome Columbus roof top tent:

·
Registered
2020 Forester Sport CVT
36 Posts
We've just started camping in our Forester. We've car camped, backpacked, etc. for years so we have quite an assortment of gear to chose from. We are reviewing with each trip and working to refine our Forester set up. here are a few pics of our sleep platform and others.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts