Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

2017 - Outback - Key fob functions mixed up? - Updated!

('14-'18) 
Tags
key fob
1K views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  Eddieg64 
#1 ·
Hi all, I replaced the battery on my 2017 outback, the panic button works, the unlock is working the hatch, the lock is locking and hatch is unlocking. Any ideas?

#7 ·
@Eddieg64 did you replace the battery in the remote fob or the vehicle?

If the battery in the remote fob was replaced, have you tried removing the battery, letting it sit awhile, then reinstalling the battery. Long shot, but if there was a glitch, this could clear it?

Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

#12 ·
@Eddieg64 was this remote fob working properly before the battery was replaced, or was the battery replaced because it wasn't working?

If it wasn't working, it's possible the fob had an internal failure & needs to be replaced...

Bobby...

#13 ·
@2.5x_sleeper Bobby, it slowly stopped working, like you had to press it twice for it to respond. So yeah it worked until it started to die, it is 5 years old so I think it was the battery. But every button works normally it’s just they are in the wrong position. I gave mine to my wife, it’s her car, and I’ll keep this one until it dies and I’ll order a new one.

Thanks everyone!!

#14 ·
The earlier remotes had issues with the buttons detaching from the circuit board. You can view that here in my Member Journal write up: Remote fob repair

Since your fob is going to be replaced, you could dig into it deeper to see if the switches have detached... just to know if that could be the cause of your issues?

Bobby...

Reactions: Eddieg64
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.