Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.0D CVT
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Today, in my research to find the cause of the short distances between regens and cleaning the air filter, I found that the hose after the air filter had some oil in it.
I don't know if this is normal or not. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

·
Registered
MY09 XSn 2.0 Diesel 6MT
975 Posts
It does seem to be excessive, but the small pipe you are pushing against is the oil breather from the crankcase. You need to check that none of that oil has blown back and contaminated the MAF sensor (the electric connector bottom left in your pic).
With that amount of oil going through the intake it's very likely that the EGR valve and the MAP sensor will be covered in gunge.

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.0D CVT
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It does seem to be excessive, but the small pipe you are pushing against is the oil breather from the crankcase. You need to check that none of that oil has blown back and contaminated the MAF sensor (the electric connector bottom left in your pic).
With that amount of oil going through the intake it's very likely that the EGR valve and the MAP sensor will be covered in gunge.
Thanks for your answer.
Why could be the reason of this issue? Do I have to be worried? Is a reason to go to the dealer?
Perhaps install a catch can. I installed one on my Mitsubishi Triton diesel (L200) in-between the crankcase breather and intake; works well.
I'm looking it for a long time ago, but there is several types and I don't know which one is the best for this engine. And here in Spain we don't have many models.

·
Registered
2011 Forester 2.0 diesel manual 6 speed
94 Posts
I have found ProVent 200 on ebay for like 16$. Seems to have the stainless steel material inside from the pictures. It says that the product is universal but then says that it's for Ford Patrol...hm...so which is it? Would this fit a 2011 Forester diesele? Worth a try? How often should these filters be replaced? I've found replacement ones for about 10$.

·
Registered
2010 Forester Diesel 6sp Manual
287 Posts
I have found ProVent 200 on ebay for like 16$. Seems to have the stainless steel material inside from the pictures. It says that the product is universal but then says that it's for Ford Patrol...hm...so which is it? Would this fit a 2011 Forester diesele? Worth a try? How often should these filters be replaced? I've found replacement ones for about 10$.
I have bought it a while ago. But there is no place Where to mount it in engine bay. Maybe somewhere on the firewall under intercooler..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.