Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Broke “Symmetrical AWD” emblem under Forester on rear lid, 2017 Limited. Know the dealer will be exorbitant, any suggestions. It looks like it is glued on? Thanks.

·
Registered
2015 FXT Touring
60 Posts
Broke “Symmetrical AWD” emblem under Forester on rear lid, 2017 Limited. Know the dealer will be exorbitant, any suggestions. It looks like it is glued on? Thanks.
Bet you can get 1 from ebay for less than 20 bucks

2015 Subaru Forester XT Touring

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
2,542 Posts
Yes, try ebay or Amazon or mercari or ---- but it all depends if you want OEM or are OK with some aftermarket provider. Some of these guys are popping them out with 3D printers...

And yes, it's just double-sided 3M tape holding it on. Also check out a forum sponsor (subaruparts.com?) and see what they have - usually cheaper than a dealer and are Subaru OEM (I think).

·
Registered
2021 Forester Base Automatic
168 Posts
If you live near Chicago I've got one for you, I removed them from my last 3 Subarus.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, try ebay or Amazon or mercari or ---- but it all depends if you want OEM or are OK with some aftermarket provider. Some of these guys are popping them out with 3D printers...

And yes, it's just double-sided 3M tape holding it on. Also check out a forum sponsor (subaruparts.com?) and see what they have - usually cheaper than a dealer and are Subaru OEM (I think).
Have checked those, OEM is $40 plus. Thanks for the reply.

G

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you live near Chicago I've got one for you, I removed them from my last 3 Subarus.
Used to live in Bloomington, but now naturalized Texan near San Antonio. I also thought of removing it permanently or for the interim. How have you taken it off? Still have part of it remains and what looks like black tape? Thanks.
G

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
2,542 Posts
To remove what's left of the logo (or any of the logos/lettering) a lot of folks recommend a bit of fishing line, pulled taught and pulled through behind the logo, cutting the 3M foam tape in the process... Some will also recommend a heat gun (glorified hair dryer) the help heat up and soften the 3M tape. This can help in both removal of the old AND with installing the new (if you do that)...

You can also - VERY GENTLY AND VERY CAREFULLY - use a razor blade to clean off the adhesive tape.... BUT BE CAREFUL as it is VERY EASY to scratch the paint... I used to do this when I was detailing cars years and years ago and needed to remove old stickers or striping.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
386 Posts
You can also - VERY GENTLY AND VERY CAREFULLY - use a razor blade to clean off the adhesive tape.... BUT BE CAREFUL as it is VERY EASY to scratch the paint... I used to do this when I was detailing cars years and years ago and needed to remove old stickers or striping.
I recommend getting plastic razor blades for doing this. They even make plastic blade holders to make the scraping easy. Along with some Goo-Gone.

·
Registered
168 Posts
You can roll it off with your finger (or a rag) with or without chemicals, especially since the car isn't too old. Do not scrape with anything. The emblems themselves can be removed with fishing line or dental floss. Show me a pic and if I still have it laying around my garage I will send it to you for free. Keep in mind you will need fresh foam tape to attach it, not sure if new ones come with it already attached.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You can roll it off with your finger (or a rag) with or without chemicals, especially since the car isn't too old. Do not scrape with anything. The emblems themselves can be removed with fishing line or dental floss. Show me a pic and if I still have it laying around my garage I will send it to you for free. Keep in mind you will need fresh foam tape to attach it, not sure if new ones come with it already attached.
Thanks for the offer. I will get it off and then go from there. I don’t expect you to do it free, but I will contact you, if you still have it. Thanks.
G

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thanks for the offer. I will get it off and then go from there. I don’t expect you to do it free, but I will contact you, if you still have it. Thanks.
G
If they look like this and you want a set let me know. One was removed from a Forester and the other from an Impreza. Removed from my new Subarus within a week of buying them so they are perfect. Absolutely Free, all it will cost me is a stamp and an envelope and I don't need them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts