Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what the "exact"motor oil viscosity is for my 2017 Subaru XT Turbo 2.0L engine. ???
My owner's manual is misplaced (not lost...just MIA...LOL!).
I looked online and what I see is 05-30w Full Synthetic. I called the dealer where I bought it and their service desk guy says 00-20w Full Synthetic. ???
I then called their parts department and that guy says 05-30w Full Synthetic.
Now...that's somewhat of a BIG difference!
I do my own changes and will probably use Mobil 1 or Royal Purple as I see Advance Auto has a great combo price w/15% - 20% off.
Thanks!

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
2,350 Posts
5.4 quarts (with filter change) of 5W30 synthetic. You can view your owners manual here:

·
Registered
2014 Forester
25 Posts
I agree with bill. I'm at 259,000 mi on my 2014 with Pennzoil Platnum Plus Synthetic. I change it every 5,000 miles. Best price is at Walmart in my area. Just started using the "high mileage" (over 75,000 mi) version.

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
2,350 Posts
I agree with bill. I'm at 259,000 mi on my 2014 with Pennzoil Platnum Plus Synthetic. I change it every 5,000 miles. Best price is at Walmart in my area. Just started using the "high mileage" (over 75,000 mi) version.
Don't forget the $10 Pennzoil rebate:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello Everyone,

My 2017 Subaru Forester XT Touring is coming up for an oil change in the next week or so @ 50K miles and was wondering which premium oil you guy recommend other then the genuine suburu full synthetic oil?

Sincerely,

Inri

1 - 5 of 5 Posts