Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5 Touring CVT
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to get new shoes for my baby. It's a touring so I'm on 18" wheels. I don't offroad anything hard but do wind up in sand, mud or dry dirt from time to time. I'd like something more aggressive than OEM tires (and cheaper!) but it needs to play nicely on the road--especially in the rain (I live in FL).

I've thought about getting smaller wheels but I love the look of the 18s and, honestly, I'm not going to do any hardcore offroading with this one.

What suggestions do you have?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2017 Forester Premium CVT
69 Posts
Continental terrain contact A/T, love them!
Hey Mtbker. Considering getting a set of continental terrain contacts to replace my stock Geolanders (225-60-17). Do you still like them? Any problems? Also, what tire pressure do you run in them? TIA

·
Registered
2018 Forester xt
14 Posts
@FloridaRog , still loving them. I do have 2 sets of wheels and tires, these only comes out from nov to March. Barely noticed a decrease in MPG, mounted them on a wrx wheels, running them at 35psi all round.

·
Registered
69 Posts
@FloridaRog , still loving them. I do have 2 sets of wheels and tires, these only comes out from nov to March. Barely noticed a decrease in MPG, mounted them on a wrx wheels, running them at 35psi all round.
Thanks! Good to know. I'm planning on getting a set as soon as this coronavirus stuff settles down. Hope you are well and staying safe!

·
SeasonedStalker
2017 XT Touring in CBS HT CVT
316 Posts
A lot of people here including my self are running the yoko G015 s. I've really loved mine over the last 10k miles with exceptional wet weather performance.
Cheers,
Joaquin

·
Registered
69 Posts
Decided on the Continental Terrain Contact A/T. Stock size for my 2017 Premium, 225/60r17 Had them put on today. Will post some pics later. I have been looking at them and the reviews for awhile. Picked up a large bolt in my left front tire of my oem Geolanders this morning. The tire was beyond repair, and with almost 40K on them, decided it was time for a new set of tires. Haven't gone far with the new ones yet. Initial thoughts: turn in improved, very smooth, but some thump over tar strips, but take bumps well. A little louder than the Geolanders at low speed, but quieter at highway speed. Deep tread,and they look aggressive. Will have to see how they handle some off road. Will have to wait until this Corona Virus madness passes. BTW, hope all of you are staying safe and well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts