Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Subaru Forester XT Touring
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm wanting my 2017 Forester XT to have a deep rumble to it and I hear from other that replacing my stock exhaust would take away the low end torque on the car. And I don't want to remove that. So, I'm wondering if getting a WRX mid-pipe or Cobb's WRX J-Resonated mid-pipe and j-pipe, but (here's maybe the stupid part) use the stock muffler part of the exhaust so no one would really know that it has a bit of a performance part to it. And I wonder if it'll change the tone of the exhaust just by changing out the mid-pipe and maybe if I get get the Cobb mid-pipe and j-pipe. Would those parts alone make a performance difference and tone difference?
I have listed some exhaust parts and systems i have been checking out.
Remark Resonated Mid Pipe
SUBARU SS 3" J-PIPE RESONATED WRX CVT 2015-2020, FXT 2014-2018
Nameless Performance Midpipe 3in
INVIDIA Q300 EXHAUST
INVIDIA DUAL N1 RESONATED EXIT EXHAUST (POLISHED OR TITANIUM TIP)
MISHIMOTO CATTED J-PIPE / DOWNPIPE

·
Registered
2015 XT Touring CVT
669 Posts
I have the N1 and my wife thinks its too loud. if you do a Jpipe on top going to be loud. the WRX midpipe gets rid of the large resonator and has a tendency to drone. there is an exhaust thread on here with lots of sound clips and pictures of various set ups.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.