Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Forester and recently the key has been getting stuck in the ignition. It is happening more often. When I called for service the gal started laughing and said she gets a lot of calls about this - it is a very common problem. If this is a known issue why not a recall? She told me to keep my receipt in case they decide to do one. Any one else having this issue and what are your tricks to get it out without starting and shutting off the car 3-5 times? When I asked why it hasn't been recalled she said "you know, Subaru" I said I don't know, this is the first one I have owned.

FYI: During the same call, I was told there is a recall on the 2017 Forester, they were just notified. Front air bags. Hasn't been announced to us yet because they don't have the parts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife has had the same problem with her 2016 from time to time. No idea what causes it, but I found that putting it in drive or reverse, letting the car move a few inches, then putting it in park typically causes the ignition to release the key. We've been meaning to take it in and see what the problem is. I once has to stop and restart the car about 10 tines before it would release the key. Very frustrating to say the least. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
308 Posts
@bleujean @503_FRSTR You guys should bring it into the dealer and get that repaired. There's a TSB out for this issue (I don't know the number though). if you don't get it fixed, it'll just get worse and worse until you can no longer remove the key.

I had this repaired on my car about 2 months ago and it cost somewhere around $400 for parts and labor. I saved my receipt just in case...

StanF

1 - 3 of 3 Posts