Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5i 6M
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My 2017 Forester NA with about 40K miles will need the OEM Yokohama G91 tires replaced within the next 10K miles or so. Im looking for a Good midranged priced replacement, nothing cheap and nothing super expensive either. I was curious as to what the experience has been with replacements. OEM steel wheels and 225/60-17 size. i don't offload so a good highway tire with good wet performance is what i'm looking for.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT
221 Posts
You're your own best judge of what tire is right for you within the driving conditions, budget, and performance you expect. There are hundreds, perhaps thousands, of posts on this forum about tires. I recommend going to TireRack.com. The reviews and owner reports are very comprehensive. You can't go wrong there.

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5i 6M
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just to update the post i ended up getting General ALTIMAX RT43 225/60R17 tires installed today from BJs wholesale club tire dept for $590. Felt like it was a good mid range tire. Wish we had Discount Tire in the Tampa area, closest one is 2 hours away and Tire Kingdom and Tires Plus are not all that great. cant comment on the ride quality yet as any new tire will ride better than a worn tire.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited CVT
192 Posts
Had the same tires installed on my mom's 2012 Legacy. Good tire for the money. There's some tread noise when new, but they get quieter after a few weeks.

·
Registered
Sahuarita, AZ 2018 Forester Limited
2,815 Posts
The General Altimax RT43 is a very good tire and relatively inexpensive. Consumer Reports tested and scored 25 performance all-season tires including the General Altimax RT43 (V) which was ranked third. On CR's poor-fair-good-very good-excellent scale, CR scored this tire "good" for wet braking and "very good" for hydroplaning. There was only one tire out of the 25 that scored better than "good" on wet braking - the very expensive Michelin CrossClimate+ which scored "very good".

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Premium CVT
452 Posts
I got a set of the RT43s a couple years ago thru Discount Tire, based on TireRack ratings. After a General rebate I paid $90/tire plus mount and balance couldnt pass that up. I had a nail in sidewall in one of my stock Yokohamas so replaced them all. Frankly don't notice much difference with the RT43s but theyre supposed to be a definite upgrade.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts