Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hit a bump in road at low speed and immediately heard something snap/break/shift.
For the next few minutes I heard a fairly loud rhythmic noise that sounded like something was loosen(? Left front).
I parked the car and shut it off. Nothing on external exam.
I turned car back on and briefly heard the noise when driving until it slowly faded away and then stopped altogether.

This was 1 month ago.

since then the noise has not come back, the car seems to drive fine, normal MPG, no steering issues or leakage.

The only thin I have noticed is that when I park in my garage at home, there is a slight burning smell (rubber? Mechanical?) that is present and originates from the front grill towards the left.

i don’t think that smell was there before I hit the curb.

what can be wrong with my Forester (2017)?

did I crack my radiator or something with breaks?

thank you

·
Registered
'14 Forester XT Touring
1,138 Posts
Well. first thing I would have done after hitting a bump and hearing odd noises is to look under the car for oblivious damage.
My money is on the fender liner, or one of the underbody covers have come undone and you have been dragging it, or its been rubbing on the wheel/tire.

I would say to look under there, but heck. you didn't so..... take it to a shop.er.....I mean dealership cause somehow I get the feeling you dislike local mechanics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.