Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Started hearing a buzzing/vibrating noise right around the AC compressors connection to the accessory drive belt. There's also a noticeable "hiss" sound when you're inside the car and start the AC. I still get cold air, but am concerned about it - trying to run AC less, but it's 100 degrees right now!

Curious if:
  1. This is indicating something going bad - compressor, belt, etc.
  2. If anyone has had and solved this issue.
Other info
  • 2017 Subaru Forester Limited CVT
  • ~70k miles
Thank you!
Michael

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
1,732 Posts
The noise from the AC compressor area (buzz) could be a loose pulley or something else.

The noise when you first start the AC (hiss) is pretty normal and I think it's the system pressurizing. I've had that on my 2014 2.5 Limited since day one. Just has a new AC compressor/clutch put in a week ago and still has the hiss when turning on.

PS - welcome to the site... One of the moderators may be along shortly to offer up a post about filling out your profile for the best experience.... Also you can use the SEARCH COMMUNITY function and find a lot of information that may be helpful in this issue. There are a lot (and I mean A LOT) of posts about AC questions and issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks FozzieBalou! I'll do some searching on this here. I had seen some posts where people linked youtube videos of the sound from their car, but it didn't sound much like mine. Maybe I'll do the same to give more info later.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This guy's thread is pretty similar, apologies for the duplicate!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts