Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2017 Forester
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

New to the forum and have been searching for a couple days on the forum for issues like mine. I have only found one thread with very little info, so apologies if this matches up with other issues.

A week ago I got in my wife's 17 Forester and went to back it out of the garage. The screen for the backup camera was black. I put it back in drive and the screen stayed black. I thought that maybe the screen was just turned off (normally come back on with the backup camera), but when you touch the screen the car beeps and I am able to listen to the radio and connect to Bluetooth. I tried adjusting the dimmer wheel and no change.

Has anyone else run into this? Maybe a loose connection? Maybe the screen just died and I need to replace it with a aftermarket. Should I take it to the dealer first? Just looking for thoughts and hoping someone has run into this with a solution.

Thanks!

· Super Moderator
2001 Forester S, 4EAT
6,243 Posts
@ilppea Welcome to the forum from DFW, TX.

Since your vehicle is likely out of warranty. I would suggest checking fuses related to the head unit to make sure none are blown. But I would not recommend taking it to the dealer as they're only going to suggest you spend $$$ to replacing the head unit with another Subaru head unit. I personally would go the aftermarket route and get a better head unit for less money. I recommend that you look on Crutchfield's website: Crutchfield

· Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
1,550 Posts
My head unit once got stuck in the backup camera screen. I was in the middle of a trip and had to drive that way for a couple of hours. It was really distracting as it was dark, and I have the backup camera set at full brightness. When I got to my destination, I unhooked the battery for the night and the problem went away. Maybe try that in an attempt to reset the head unit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts