Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got my 17 fxt 6/11/17 with 18 miles on the clock. Approximately one year into ownership and fully in love. This car is my DD and I use it for work (traveling salesmen here) so I plan to keep things “sane”. The general arc of this build, if you can even call it that, with be increased performance through increased efficiency. In other words a stage 1 DD with few little extra bells and whistles.

A general out line of mods / parts that are planned and / or installed

*STI 20mm rsb - installed
*Rally armor mud flaps - installed
*Hella sharp tones - painted gold - installed
*STI shift knob and pedal set - installed
*Seat belt for the dog - this is one of my favorite things, made from climbing gear and attached to the child restraint system. Dog is my co-pilot and he shall be secure and safe - installed
*GrimmSpeed brz license plate relocation kit - installed
*Torque solutions brake master cylinder brace - installed
*Torque solutions steering damper lockout - waiting to be installed
*Wheels and tires - either method 503s cuz price and weight, wrapped in 245/50r18 Toyo Versado Noir - to lower rotating mass and increase contact patch - installed 6/27.... at 19,999k in the odo, which I enjoyed.

———————Planned (dreamed of)———————
*External trans cooler - to keep trans happy with all my “weekend driving”
*Better tmic and charge pipe - to reduce turbo lag and heat soaking
*Crawford AOS - cuz its needed by all accounts
*Turbo blanket - to keep heat where it belongs
*15+ STI mid pipe and/or nameless muffler deletes - cuz race car noises
*Front strut tower brace - b/c race car things
*Roof top box - to hold more things and still let the dog be comfy in the rear seat
*STI seats, steering wheel and other interior parts I can find from tree wrapped STIs

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
Sounds like you need some lowering springs at the very least, to complement your driving style. >:)

As someone who has all of the STI interior pieces, it's a good plan. Def ups the comfort for DD.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like you need some lowering springs at the very least, to complement your driving style. >:)

As someone who has all of the STI interior pieces, it's a good plan. Def ups the comfort for DD.
Thought about springs... but it does get camping duty and will see fire roads too...

If I do decide to lower it I’d have to do coilovers so I can adjust from low back to stock when I need it (like 4-5 times a year... for a weekend).

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GrimmSpeed brz license plate relocation kit is a perfect fit.

Torque solution Brake master cylinder brace installed. Easy peasy, only bummer was tight work space. I should have bought hex heads to replace the supplied hardware. Maybe if I get bored one day and need to fiddle with a thing...

GrimmSpeed front license plate relocation kit for a brz is a perfect fit! It’s as flush as I think you could get. I used one of the supplied spacers and 3 #8 washes (equaling 25% thinner then one spacer) when attaching the swivel bracket to the stud. Then mounted the plate bracket in the top right corner. Just need to paint the hardware black to match my plate.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got my wheels and tires ordered. Method 503s in black and Toyo Versado noir in 245/50r18. Bought locally at the only place that could get the wheels white out a wait. $278 per. Should arrive tomorrow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
2 Participants
jdac85
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing